014 | IT'S A DATE

"Sometimes growth requires
new company,
new locations,
and new mindsets."

~ Steve Harvey

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"How far along are you?" Maria asked the next day in the bathroom finishing her make up so the three girls could go apartment hunting with Davina.

"I'll be four months on the twentieth." Davina said not looking up from her phone. She had finished getting ready about an hour ago as did Alice, for some reason Maria was taking her sweet time getting ready but Davina didn't complain if it meant she got to spend more time in bed.

"What's Stefan going to be doing while we're out?" Alice asked moments later when she walked into the room holding two water bottles one for her and Davina.

"He's helping my uncle downstairs," Maria said walking out of the bathroom wearing dark denim skinny jeans, a red long-sleeved v-neck crop top with black combat boots on. Her brown hair was neatly curled with her make up done just as elegant with a Smokey eye and red lips.

"Why are you dressed so nice?" Davina asked tilting her head to the side staring at her friend up and down confused on why she had to dress so nice.

Maria looked down at her outfit shrugging her shoulders giving Davina a smirk. "I don't know, I just feel like it."

Davina shook her head not understanding quite why she would want to do that to herself especially when they were going to be walking majority of the time and they were in a big city it's why Davina chose to wear grey Aeropostale sweat pants with the matching hoodie and tan moccasins, it's cute and comfortable and it appeared Alice had the same idea because she was wearing a similar outfit, they were probably going to stick out when they were out but Davina won't mind there are far more unusual and weird things to stare at in New York City, it was one of the reasons listed on Elio's list on why he hates the city and another reason listed on Davina's to move list.

Davina didn't question Maria any further as she stood up from the bed, the need of eating a sandwich sounding too good for her to pass up as the thought entered her mind. Davina walked out of the room not caring that she didn't tell the two what she was doing as she left but she figured if they were curious they would follow her out or they would just call after her.

When she entered the kitchen area Davina got out the meat and bread from the fridge that they had bought and kept in there for when they didn't want to spend any money on food.

Davina made herself three sandwiches not caring if it seemed to be a lot but lately she's been eating more than she normally does and she had been craving a sandwich since she first started getting ready she's surprised she even lasted this long on waiting to make one.