016 | GAMES

"One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals."

~ Michelle Obama

Chapter Sixteen

"I think it's a wonderful home Davina, are you sure this is something that you want to do?" Her mom asked through the FaceTime call, her glasses perched onto the top of her nose like a librarian.

Davina nodded her head taking a seat on one of  the steps of the stairs that led upstairs, her lower back killing her.

Currently her and Alice were doing another walk through the townhouse in Staten Island waiting for the realtor to show up so that Davina could sign the closing papers.

It was two days since the park and two days since Maria had conversed with Davina, well since had a full on conversation with her. Davina had tried countless of times trying to get Maria to talk to her alone but the only time she would talk to her her was a few word exchanges when Stefan or Alice were around other than that she didn't want to talk to her, hence why Alice was the only one occupying her while the other two did their own thing.

Thankfully it wasn't awkward between Stefan or Alice in fact it seemed like they three of them had grown closer to one another in the past two days which made Davina feel a little bit better despite everything going on with Maria.

"I think it would be good especially with the twins. There's a room that I can make into the nursery for now and when they're older one of them can take the spare bedroom." Davina pointed out. "Plus it's a close walk to Alice Austen Park that I've heard has an amazing view of Manhattan."

"You can see Manhattan from there?" Her mom questioned sounding in shock as Davina shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess, that's what the realtor said." 

If Davina was being honest she wasn't sure she hadn't actually gone down to the park and see for herself but regardless it didn't matter to her just as long as she had a roof over her head for the kids and herself than she was going to be happy.

Davina's mother sighs taking her glasses off and looks at her daughter. "I just wish you wouldn't take my grand babies before I could get to know them but I also understand why."

Davina frowned looking down at her lap and away from her phone, she didn't really think about how her friends or more importantly how her parents would be affected by her impulsive decision.

"How about this, I'll come and stay the first month after you give birth that way you can get the hang of it, you shouldn't be without your mother during this time."

Davina smiled nodding her head appreciatively at her mom knowing that she was right. "Thank you mama, I'd love that."

Davina glanced over at Alice who was looking out the sliding door that led to the backyard that had a big covered patio and descent lawn, there was some yellow grass but nothing Davina couldn't fix. It had a nice area for a play area for the twins when they got older and it was spacious enough for Sirius to run around and a home for him to lay in whenever he was out there.