020| NEW FRIENDS

"Someone once said, patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting."

~ Lewis Howes

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Are you going to work today?" Maria asked in the kitchen, pouring herself a bowl of fruity pebbles.

It was a couple of days after their move to New York, the others had left the day before back to Miami, Alice bawling her eyes out the whole entire day she was there yesterday definitely put a toll on Davina yesterday and she even had her own moments where she had to excuse herself to collect herself.

It was easier though with Maria staying behind, she was sure that if she would have done this alone like her original plan was it would have been a totally different story.

"Yeah, it's my first day today." Davina responded from the table they had bought before they moved, it was a simple black four legged square table with four matching chairs to go along with it. They had gotten it for cheap at Target and figured they didn't need anything fancy.

Maria nodded her head putting the milk back in the fridge. She doesn't say anything until she was sitting across from Davina at the table, her brown hair thrown into a messy bun.

"I have a couple job interviews today, hopefully all good news." Maria smiled, but it didn't quite meet her eyes.

Davina gave her a soft smile, she knew that it was killing Maria that she currently was jobless but she was always good at interviews and seemed to do pretty well for herself, it just hurt Davina to see her this way especially since she was sort of the reason on why she currently didn't have a job.

"You can always come work at the hospital, I'm sure they need someone for-"

"Yeah, the gift shop maybe. Thank you Davina, but I'll be okay, I got this." Maria says giving her a smile.

Davina nodded her head looking away from her and down at her own bowl of cereal. Her shift started at ten o'clock, she still had plenty of time to eat her cereal and take a quick shower but if she was being honest her appetite had went out the door but she was going to push herself to eat not for herself but for her children.

Maria stood up from the table finishing her breakfast, she gave Davina a soft smile. "Wipe that guilty look off your face."

"How-"

"Because I know you Davina, don't stress yourself out for my dumbness, I should have found a job first but I didn't and now I'm dealing with the consequences, but that's the point of living." Maria responds cutting Davina off but Davina doesn't protest, she needed to hear what Maria was telling her. It wasn't her fault that Maria didn't have a job when she moved to New York, she should have gotten one but didn't but that was fine Maria was good at always getting a job and Davina was sure she would have one by the end of the week, he'll Maria could get one today if she really was that determined— which, Davina hoped she was but she wasn't going to push her to have a job by the end of the day.