023| A KIND THING TO DO

"It's never too late — in fiction or in life — to revise."

~ Nancy Thayer

Chapter Twenty-Three

Elio didn't sleep that night he couldn't. Not when he had already planned on going over to Davina's place first thing in the morning, in the past he would do it right now no matter what time of day it was, but that was in the past he couldn't do that anymore and if he wanted to win Davina over he needed to think rashly about it and not jump into things.

Davina liked things planned out and wouldn't appreciate Elio knocking on her door at one o'clock in the morning begging forgiveness for his actions and professing his love to her once again even if she was still in love with him— which it was a long shot but he hoped that she still did because he hadn't stopped loving her not once.

He had just finished getting ready and was about to climb in his car when his phone had gone off in the cup holder.

He glanced down, Petra's name flashing across the screen. He pressed the power button declining the call and looked back up at the driveway.

He took a deep breath and drove out of the garage with only one destination in mind.

All night he had planned out what he was going to say to Davina, word for word. He wanted to make sure that she could feel the sincere in his voice and the pain when he apologized. He truly was sorry and he wanted her back and wanted to make everything up.

She's all he's ever wanted.

Elio sighed clenching the steering wheel in his hand. He could do this, he's told her that he's loved her countless of times, he could do it again.

Elio set out for Davina's penthouse taking the long route so he could have more time to his thoughts.

Elio glanced over to his left where he could peak out the ocean as he drove by. He rolled down the windows letting the air breeze by letting it calm his nerves down.

Davina always loved having the windows rolled down and the wind blowing through her hair. She had such a care free nature and she was always smiling.

Elio had been drawn towards Davina the minute he laid eyes on her, there was no one else but her. He had made it his duty that night to make sure that he was the only male that she spoke to that night and he was.

Davina's age hadn't mattered to him at that time and it still didn't. Davina had this way of thinking and speaking that made her mind appear much older than what she was, it was one of the many things Elio loved about her.