002 | WORDS AIN'T ENOUGH

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye,
life will reward you with a new hello."
~ Paulo Coelho

" ~ Paulo Coelho

Chapter Two

When Davina awoke the next morning she felt like a ton of bricks had hit her in the head and her eyes felt like they could shut forever. She knew that the reasoning behind her gross feeling today was because she cried herself to sleep the night before but it felt like her world came crumbling down and she didn't know how to survive. First, the man that she was madly in love with broke her heart into a million pieces claiming that he never loved her and that he never would, and second, the same man got his wife and Davina pregnant at the same time and threw Davina away like broken glass.

Davina told herself a million times that she didn't need Elio help to raise the baby because she had all the support she needed with her friends and family, but she couldn't help but feel a little hurt and jealousy towards Petra his wife. Not only was she married to the man that Davina was in love with but she was going to have Elio holding her hand through the tough and good times of her pregnancy and Davina wasn't going to be able to experience it. She knew that Petra had no idea about Davina's pregnancy for Elio and just found out about it but how long had they known about Petra's pregnancy? Was Elio going to continue on sleeping with Davina knowing that his wife was pregnant with his child? Or was he going to break it off?

Millions of thoughts clouded Davina's brain and she tried her best to push them away as she focused at work but she couldn't push them away, not when everyone around the hospital was talking about it.

"Do you think they're going to have a boy or girl?" One nurse asked a lady behind the front desk, her baby blue scrubs dirty from the bowel movement incident with one of her patients.

"I hope a boy, that way my daughter can marry their son." The lady behind the desk joked.

Davina frowned as she placed a folder down on the counter, the two laughing completely ignoring Davina's existence.

"I honestly think they'd make the cutest babies ever." The nurse exclaimed with a sigh, her red hair pushed back into a ponytail. "I wish I could have his baby."

No you don't. Davina thought to herself as she grabbed the next folder and quickly walked away before she heard anymore talk about Elio and Petra, it was like their wedding all over again except this time nobody was giving her petty looks they all thought Davina had moved on from it but little did they know she didn't.

"Ah there you are! I need you to remove Miss Nancie's feeding tube and prep her for surgery." Dr. Long said to Davina as she waited for the elevator doors to open.

"I thought she wasn't scheduled for surgery until tomorrow." Davina stated her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Dr. Long sighed tucking a red pen into his coat pocket. "She was but we had to change my schedule around. My daughter needs someone to take her to the dentist and my husband can't."