027| WON'T HURT TO TRY

"In case you never get a deconstructed chance: don't be afraid! And what if you do get a second chance? You take it!"

~ C. JoyBell C.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Amelia was already waiting for Davina by her car after their shift had ended, both girls deciding that they would go to Target before calling it a day to see if they could find anything cute for Davina to wear for her baby shower that was going to be next Thursday at her parents.

Davina was excited to see her parents and Alice, it seemed like forever since she last saw them in person and not through a small screen. She was slowly getting over her homesickness but that didn't stop her from missing them. However, she was worried that she would run into Elio at first she wasn't but with the unanswered message from Elio was still haunting her.

"What about this one?" Amelia asked holding up a light long sleeved orange dress, Davina's nose scrunched up in distaste.

"I'd look like a pumpkin." Davina said shaking her head, Amelia sighed putting the dress back onto the rack and continued looking down the row.

"You've said that to almost nearly every dress, you're eventually going to have to pick one." Amelia said making Davina roll her eyes.

It was a lot harder than Davina thought it would be to find clothes that she felt comfortable wearing as she got further along her pregnancy. Davina was used to wearing skin tight clothes, she couldn't exactly wear those now with her current state. Everything that Davina once felt comfortable in she no longer does either it was too tight or she thought she looked rather big wearing it.

She didn't mean to but despite loving to watch her body change and grow and knowing she was carrying her children she really didn't like the way she looked. Her face was starting to get wider as were her arms and thighs.

She couldn't hide her stomach anymore—which she didn't mind, she loved her belly. She was beginning to get stretch marks though and that sort of upset her but Davina didn't dwell on it because at the end of the day that didn't matter to her because her twins were healthy.

"I'm sorry, I've just been having a hard time finding things to wear lately." Davina sighed grabbing a light blue dress off the rack, it was cute but the sleeves were ruffled and Davina particularly liked that style.

"I get that, I'm sorry I don't mean to make you feel pressured." Amelia smiled softly. "We can always do a nice shirt and leggings." She suggested.

Davina pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, maybe I should cancel the shower in general."

It was a good excuse to cancel the shower because she didn't have anything to wear and it