𝟎𝟑, late night talking

❝talking bout anything u want til the mornin'

talking bout anything u want til the mornin'.
- late night talking, harry styles

— A COUPLE NIGHTS after that morning at breakfast Aurora was out wandering around the castle. Realistically she shouldn't be doing it as it's against the rules but she was hoping she might bump into Remus as she knew due to him being a prefect, he might be on night patrol for a while. She wore a pair of red tartan pyjamas trousers and had thrown on a jumper to protect her from the cold night air as she walked around. Even if she didn't end up finding Remus, it would still be a nice walk. She often went of late night walks around the castle.

A nice walk without worrying about bumping into people or people laughing at her or anything else she usually finds herself getting worked up over. She walked towards the courtyard and as she turned the corner she collided with another person. "I am so sorry" Aurora apologised as she quickly back away from the person, brushing herself off. "Aurora?" Came the familiar voice of Remus Lupin. "What are you doing out here, you should be in your dorm?"

"I needed some fresh air" Aurora shrugged and gave him a timid smile. "Are you going to write me up?" She asked making him shake his head immediately. "If I don't write James, Sirius and Peter up I definitely won't write you up" Remus assured her with a charming smile. "I've got to wait over there for the boys, do you want to wait with me? It would be better having some company" Remus asked Aurora who nodded happily. "I'd love too"

So with that, the duo made their way into the courtyard under the stars. They sat down on the bench that lay underneath one of the big oak trees. Only now was Aurora realising just how tall Remus was compared to her. He could probably reach everything on the top shelf unlike her. If she wanted something from the top shelf she'd either bring over a chair or be clambering on top of cabinets like a monkey.

He was a giant in comparison to her. A big, friendly giant would be the best way to describe him.

By this time the rain had begun running drizzle down and begin making light pitter, patted noises as it hit the cobbles walkway. Thankfully for the couple on the bench, the branches and leaves from the trees provided them enough protection that they didn't feel a single drop fall in them. Aurora often found herself outside when it was raining, sitting under the shelter. She liked it because everyone had usually rushed back inside leaving her alone and a little more carefree as she knew no one would be there to judge her.

Aurora brought her feet up onto the bench so that her head rested on top of her knees comfortably. She wrapped her arms around her legs, providing herself with an added bit of warmth as the cool air weaved and whistled gently around them.

"Thank you again for not writing me up" Aurora spoke making Remus chuckle and shake his head as he looked over at her. "Don't worry about it, it was a nice surprise. At least now I have some good company" he told her sincerely making her smile and look at her shoes which she tapped together nervously. "I feel like I don't know much about you, tell me something about yourself"