𝟎𝟗, too close to home

❝i miss you and i hope that you're okay

i miss you and i hope that you're okay.
- hope ur ok, olivia rodrigo

AURORA HAD SPENT hours perfecting her potions homework in the library. She had been hunched over tons of books that day. Potions definitely wasn't her strong point so she was trying to use everything she could to get her grades up. Her parents may be muggles but they want her to get good marks no matter what school she goes to.

It took quite a while before she was happy with the homework and it took about half an hour to put all the books back where they belong. The table she'd sat at had been practically enveloped with them all. She placed her homework into her bag carefully before heading towards the door of the library.

Aurora opened up the heavy door and before she knew what was happening she had been covered in thick, gooey, green slime. She outstretched her hands, her mouth agape slightly as the substance dripped down her clothes. "Merlin! I am so sorry!" Came the familiar voice of Sirius hurtling towards her.

"I told you it was a bad idea, James" She heard Remus say. She'd been caught up in one of the marauders pranks. "Here, you can use this to get some of it if your face" Remus placed a handkerchief in her hand after rushing over to her.

Aurora brought the cloth up to her face and scraped some of the goo away from her face enough for her to open her eyes properly to see the marauders standing in front of her. "I'm really sorry, this wasn't meant for you" James explained, his face filled with worry.

She scanned over the rest of them and the little one who she knew was named Peter seemed to bracing himself for a right good screaming at. "It's okay" she told them with a small sigh making Sirius' eyebrows furrow in confusion. "I suppose it was rather funny even if it wasn't meant for me" A laugh escaped from Aurora's mouth as she spoke, pushing more slime away from her face.

"You're- you're not mad?" James asked, his head tilting slightly like a confused puppy. "What? No, of course not, you apologised, there's no reason for me to be mad with you" She shrugged absentmindedly, bringing her wand out of her pocket. Aurora noticed out of the corner of her eye that Sirius hid behind Remus the minute she took her wand out.

"I'm not going to hurt you" she told him amusedly. Aurora then chanted a spell and in a blink of an eye she had been cleared of the slime and her Hufflepuff robes looked as clean as ever. "That's better, although I imagine I'll be fishing slime out of my ears for a while" She commented, rubbing her ears gently.

"They just doused you in slime and you're not angry with them?" Remus asked her, feeling incapable of wrapping his head around what was happening. "There's no point in being angry with you it's not going to change anything, is it?" Aurora asked, holding onto the strap of her bag as she looked at the boy.

"I- I suppose not" He stumbled, a light smile on his face. "You're something else, Rory" Remus laughed. "If I were you I'd be furious"

"Well, maybe if you weren't my friends I'd be a bit more annoyed" Aurora suggested, shrugging her shoulders slightly looking up at the boy with a small smile on her lips. Remus quickly looked away making Auroras eyebrows furrow slightly. When she looked up at him like that he felt like he was getting sucked into a beautiful whirlpool.