𝟏𝟐, wolfsbane

❝i should've told you what you meant to me, cause now i pay the price

i should've told you what you meant to me, cause now i pay the price.
-the one that got away, katy perry

— "I CAN'T HELP YOU if you sit their pouting the whole time" The voice of Snape broke through her thoughts making her lift her head off of her hands. "Sorry" She mumbled, pulling at the sleeves of her sweater, trying to focus on what he was showing her.

He began talking again and she tried to keep her mind focused on what he was saying, she really did but her mind kept slipping back to Remus. As her eyes stared at the paper, Snape's eyes travelled over her face for a moment of two before he placed the quill down.

"Do you want to leave this for today? I'm not going to sit and teach someone who isn't even listening" He pointed out making her face scrunch up slightly. "I'm really sorry, Severus, it's nothing against you, I've just got a lot of stuff on my mind" She apologised, her face showing she really did feel terrible.

"Make sure your paying attention next time" Was all he said as he packed up his stuff and left, leaving Aurora sat alone at the table. She let her hand travel through her hair before eventually stopping to rest on her forehead. Movement from nearby forced her to drag her head up and let her eyes connect with whatever or whomever it was.

She found her eyes connecting with a pair of honey coloured ones looking right at her. Immediately, she shot her eyes away from him, grabbing her bag as she stood up. She kept her head down as she sped walked past him towards the door. Just as she was about to walk out she looked over her shoulder. He was still looking at her but quickly looked elsewhere.

Aurora simply sighed before exiting the library.

...

THE NEXT DAY, AURORA was sat in the courtyard on a bench. The same bench she and Remus had sat on when she met him in the hallways one night. The subtle breeze in air gently whipped through her making it softly blow in the wind. Why did she have to go and ruin it all? She could have just ignored it and pretended as though she'd seen nothing.

Just when she saw him covered in blood she panicked. She couldn't have, in good conscience, left him without checking on him. Auroras eyes travelled to the floor and watched as her feet kicked the stones on the ground. "Mind if I sit?" Came a voice from beside her making her look up to see James. She nodded and looked back down at her feet.

He was silent for a moment, staring straight ahead. "He feels the same way you know" He said making her lift her head again, her eyebrows furrowing slightly. "He likes you" James informed her. "So you've said, you told me that in the library, I trusted that you were telling the truth and then he does that"

"He's just scared" He tried but Aurora wasn't having it. "What does he have to scared of, James? I was nothing but accepting and he just told me to leave!" She yelled making people look over at them to which she retreated into herself slightly. "Sorry" She whispered sadly, running her hands through her hair.