𝟎𝟖, perfect birthday

❝make it like your birthday everyday

make it like your birthday everyday.
- birthday, katy perry

— THE NEXT WEEK brought with its Remus's birthday. It the early hours of the morning when Aurora ventured over to the Gryffindor tower to help the boys set up for when Remus woke up. James had told her the password so she got in without much trouble. When she got there the boys had already started and greeted her quietly as to not wake anyone.

However, they did have the record player playing some music at a very low level. From what she could hear it was 'Hey Jude' by The Beatles. Aurora picked up some banners and got to work hanging them up and blowing up balloons.

They talked quietly amongst themselves, laughing at few jokes that someone quipped here and there. She was still very tired but she managed to push past it.

Unbeknownst to them, Remus had woken up and realised they had all disappeared. With a heavy sigh, he kicked the covers off his body and rolled out of bed. He decided he needed to check that they weren't getting themselves into trouble. Sluggishly, he walked down the corridor and towards the balcony where you could see down into the common room.

He found himself taken back for a moment when he saw all the decorations. 'So that's what they were up to' He thought to himself, a subconscious smile appearing on his lips. Soon he noticed that it wasn't only the boys but Aurora was also there.

She was on top of Sirius' shoulders so that she could pin a banner to the wall. His smile faltered slightly as he watched them smile at each other. He watched as Sirius fell back onto the sofa, taking Aurora with him. She let out a soft laugh as she pushed him away from her playfully. Remus couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy inside of him.

Before they noticed him he slunk back to his room and climbed back into bed.

...

LATER ON, ABOUT an hour later, Remus remerged only this time actually heading down the stairs and into the common room. As soon as the group noticed him they erupted into wishes of a happy birthday. Remus smiled in return and took a place on the sofa.

Aurora was quick to run and grab her present to give it to him. "It's not much, but I hope you like it" she told him, passing him the neatly wrapped gift. He thanked her before ripping of the paper to reveal its contents. He smiled as the site of his new jumper.

Remus held it up to view it properly, making something fall out of it when he unfolded it. It was box. "What's this?" He asked curiously before opening it up. "I thought that just in case you have another day like you did a few weeks ago you could use some of the lavender tea again so I thought I'd get you some"

"Thank you, Aurora, that's very kind of you" Remus said genuinely. It wasn't long till the next full moon so it would actually come in handy. However, it also gave him something else to worry about. She was going notice how sick he got every month and become rightfully curious.