𝟎𝟕, questioning

❝when you know, you know

when you know, you know.
- margaret, lana del rey

— NEITHER AURORA OR Remus brought up the kiss. For one, Aurora didn't really remember doing it and Remus just assumed it wasn't anything serious as she was drunk and very tired. Aurora met the boys in the courtyard on the day of the trip so that they could head down to Hogsmeade.

They only had a few more Hogsmeade trips until they graduated. It was now March so it would be no time at all before they would exit the castle one last time.

"Sirius looks a bit rough" Aurora whispered to Remus as they walked towards one of the carriages headed down to the town. "I don't know how he's even functioning if I'm being honest" Remus replied as he opened up the door for Aurora who sent him a sweet smile in return.

He sat across from her whilst James took the seat next to her. Peter sat down by Remus and Sirius next to James. Remus was now looking much better than he did last week. He'd gotten some colour back in his face and all of his cuts had faded away.

She took a walk the night that Remus got injured, after not being able to sleep. She had sat in her usual spot underneath the tree, looking up at the night sky. If she remembered correctly it was a full moon that night. But that could have just been a coincidence.

However, it would explain the scars on his face, how sick he was the few days before and then in the hospital wing the next day. Aurora looked towards Remus, trying to figure him out. She knows that there's some prejudice around werewolves but it certainly wouldn't make her treat him any differently.

But she's getting a head of herself, it could just be a coincidence. She did make a mental note to figure out when the next full moon was though. She would never question him on it.

Remus looked away from the window when he noticed Aurora looking at him. "You okay?" He asked quietly, noticing a subtly curious look on her face. "Yeah, sorry, away with the fairies" She replied, shaking herself off and giving him a smile. He smiled in return before looking out the window once again.

...

"MY DAD SAID he'd be here today so I better go look for him, Sirius and Peter you come with me and Aurora and Remus can find somewhere for lunch" James announced, grabbing Sirius and Peter. "But I want to get something to eat with Aurora" They could hear Sirius complaining as he was dragged off by James.

"What just happened?" Aurora questioned, looking up at Remus. "No clue" He shrugged. Remus did in fact have a clue. He knew exactly what James was doing and he wasn't pleased. James has been bugging him since he let slip and the kiss.

That seemed to solidify for James that Aurora liked Remus. He would do everything in his power to get them together now. Remus was adamant about not wanting to put her in danger by being with him. You're probably thinking, 'change the record Remus, it won't change anything'. And you're right but he can't help it.