7)

A loud thud awoke Bellingham.

"Shit.." Bellingham could hear Gio cussing about something.

"Dumbass." Reus bonked Reyna on the head.

"What? I only dropped my phone."
Gio said, picking up his already shattered phone to see if another crack has formed.

Bellingham rubbed his eyes. His mind was still fuzzy.

"Maybe I should buy a new phonecase."

Bellingham groaned, his head was throbbing. He sensed he wasn't in his apartment, or any other familiar room.

Reus nudged Gio. "Knock it off. He's awake."

"Where the hell am I? Where did you take me?" Bellingham said, rubbing his forehead.

He was met with no answer, only a grin from Reyna.
"So... How'd it go?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

What the hell was he talking about..?

"Oh... OH." It all came flowing back.
This little fucker made him look incompetent.

"You're a cunt, you know?"
Gio smirked and defended himself.

"I was just playing the role of the wingman. No need to thank me, of course."

"I would kill you if my legs worked." Bellingham threatened Reyna.

"Did I miss something?" Reus asked, carefully analysing their faces.

"Go on, tell him. Tell him what a great help I was." Bellingham glared at him.

Reus looked at Bellingham in anticipation, crossing his legs.

Bellingham turned his head, covering his eyes. No way he'd bring himself to relive that embarrassment.

"Well, since you won't do it, I'll take the stand." Gio proudly exclaimed, earning a loud groan from Bellingham.

Reus leaned forward, giving his full attention to Giovanni.

He retold the event in great detail.

"And then Haaland called us over. He brought us over to your.. 'corpse'. We didn't know what to do with you, so we brought you to this random motel."

"Thanks." Bellingham added sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"He's been infatuated with Erling recently, so this is not big surprise." Reyna nodded.

"You guys are assholes." Bellingham stopped them from further discussion.

Giovanni walked up to him and patted him on the shoulder, "Hey, what do you say we go get some coffee? I think you need it, it's on me."

"So kind, paying for my 4 Euro coffee." Jude scoffed.

***

The three of them headed to their usual café. A quick, painless cup of coffee is all Bellingham wanted right now.

Unfortunately for him, he was met with another challenge. His drinking partner was there too, accompanied by Dahoud.

His face went sour. He was hoping to deal with this another time.

Haaland noticed him and immediately averted his gaze. Back to square one, maybe even square zero.

Gio, paying no attention to what happened last night, sat next to Haaland.

Reus, being the only mindful person in Jude's life, ensured him a seat far away from Haaland.

Bellingham gave him a nod of gratitude. 

Reyna babbled away with Haaland and Dahoud, discussing the little he remembered about last night's game.

Bellingham was on his phone, blocking out the noise, till his coffee arrived.

He emptied his cup, hoping for this dreadful meeting to end soon.