11)

Days passed since their fishing trip, but something was still bugging Bellingham. The root of his problem was Erling, which he seems to be the root of most his problems recently.

At first, he thought this was just a temporary state he was in, that it would go away. It did not go away. In fact, it would only get worse as time went on.

His life has been undeniably intertwined with that of Haaland's.

He sees him more often, he talks to him more often, he hears from him more often and so on and so forth.

It was consuming him. He had his suspisions, but wanted to hear it from someone else's mouth.

The first person that came to mind was Giovanni, naturally. He was one of his best friends from the club, but given the topic at hand, it wouldn't be smart to discuss it with him.

After some further thinking, he decided to call up Reus. He's always been mature and thoughtful, surely he would have a proper diagnosis.

"Hey, Reus?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you free this noon?"

"I think so. Why?"

"I need your insight on something."

"Alright. What is it?"

"I can't say.. I'll tell you there, okay?"

"Can I bring Hummels? He wants to come with."

Bellingham thought it through. He wouldn't mind if Hummels came, but as long as he kept the teasing to a minimum.

"Yeah, he can join."

"Where, when?"

"12PM. Usual spot."

"Sounds good. We'll be there."
Reus hung up.

Bellingham dressed himself and left his apartment. He decided to drive there, the earlier he arrived, the more time he had to think this through.

***

He was sitting alone in the café for half an hour. Having already emptied his first cup of coffee. With his speculations, he assumed he'd be drinking a lot more today.

F

inally, he saw the two familiars enter the café. He waved to them, inviting them to sit down at his table.

The first person to say anything was Hummels.

"I want you to know, whatever happened.. It's okay. It's not your fault." He looked genuine, the most genuine he's ever looked. Reus nodded in agreement.

Bellingham raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? Nobody died."

"Well that's a relief, thank God." Reus exhaled.

"So um." Bellingham scratched the back of his neck.

"It isn't that serious.. I think."

"What is it, then?" Reus asked, leaning in forward.

Hummels was tapping his foot, subtlety indicating he was losing patience.

"My mind has been kind of fuzzy lately.. when certain things occur, it goes blank." Bellingham tried his best to avoid saying exactly what that something is.

"Did you hit your head, do you experience migraines often, when did you last go to the doctor..." Hummels began listing things that could be wrong with Bellingham's brain, but he was interrupted by Bellingham.