14)

⚠️⚠️⚠️
Drink responsibly! Never trust a stranger with your drink, never have one too many, know your limit. Thanks!⚠️⚠️⚠️

After sending out their messages, the trio realised they didn't have the patience to wait for responses. They put their heads together and used their noggins. Ultimately, they gave up.

That was until Haaland didn't offer to fetch them some beer. Gio's American eyes lit up.

"Here you go." He tossed the cans over to the two, already cracking open his can. Bellingham followed after, but Gio seemed out of it. He completely zoned out.

Bellingham poked Gio. "Anyone in there?" Gio slapped his hand. "Leave me alone, I'm thinking." Giovanni's reply was met with ridicule from Haaland and Bellingham.

After a moment of silence, Gio snapped his fingers. "Fuzzy duck." They both laughed at him again.

"Fuzzy what?" Haaland mocked him.

"What are you laughing at? What's so funny?" Gio didn't appreciate their slander. However, he was surprised. "Have you never heard of it before?"

"Never in my life." Bellingham answered, wiping the tears that poured down his face.

"It's a drinking game. Let me explain the rules;

To start the game, someone must say 'Fuzzy duck'. The next person has to say 'Ducky fuzz.' If somebody wants to try and set someone up, they can say 'Does he?' instead of fuzzy duck or ducky fuzz. When someone messes up, they must take a shot. Understood?" Gio looked at both of them, eagerly awaiting their answer.

"No offense, this might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Haaland put it in the most polite way possible. "But I guess I am interested." Bellingham agreed.

"We need more people, right? Call over more people." Haaland hurried Gio, to which he immediately obliged. Haaland has trained Gio like a dog.

As soon as Reyna was out the picture, Haaland scooted over next to Bellingham. Bellingham flinched a little bit, but played it off smoothly.

Haaland hesitated, but he went for it. "Are you mad at me?" He avoided eye contact. This question surprised Bellingham.

"..No? Why would you think that?" Bellingham replied, raising an eyebrow.

"You haven't been replying to my texts, genius. For over a week, may I add." Haaland was slightly more confrontational this time.

Right. He hasn't. Bellingham was kind of hoping to avoid this discussion, like it would go away on it's own. Why was he ignoring Haaland, anyway? He knew why, but he couldn't admit it to him, he'd rather die. Bellingham definitely liked his teammate, in what way? He did not know. He decided to weasel his way out of this.

"It's nothing personal, I've been really busy lately." Haaland wasn't convinced.

"But you've had enough time to reply to Gio's texts?" Haaland averted his gaze from Bellingham. His voice was monotonous, Bellingham felt awful.

"You know, if-"

"WE'RE ALL PLAYING FUZZY DUCK, BOYS!!! Sit down, grab a glass!! Get ready for MAD tongue twisters!!" Gio sat in between Haaland and Bellingham, shaking both of them vigorously. They were both extremely uncomfortable.

Almost everyone was playing, exept for those who don't drink, obviously. They sat across the room and watched in disgust.

Gio sloppily went over the rules once more, he kept getting interrupted so he went over the rules at least 5-6 times.

Bellingham glanced over to read Haaland's face. He looked disappointed, it only made him feel even guiltier.

"Bellingham? You can start any moment now." Hummels tapped his foot, implying that he wanted to get this stupid game over with.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Fuzzy duck." Bellingham's face lit up a little bit, the phrase was stupid enough to make him feel a tad bit better.

He was followed by Brandt, then Reus, Can, Schulz, and so on. Each took the time to calculate their replies. Then it was Haaland's turn.

"Fucky ducky, whatever it is. Pass me the can." Haaland had the straightest look on his face. He poured the beer into a martini glass and took a shot.

"I feel like you did that on purpose." Brandt stated the obvious.

"Wrong, I find this game very hard." Haaland sarcastically responded. Brandt scoffed.

It didn't take much longer for another person to mess it up. It was now Hummels' turn. He wasn't paying much attention. "Duzzy fuck." It would only sink in a few seconds later.

"Oh, verdammt. Blödsinn. Give me my glass." Reus patted him on the back.

The next few rounds were not memorable. It was all Haaland, he purposefully messed up each time. The game got stale quickly, to everyone but Gio at least.

"I'm glad you're having fun, but half of the group left." Reus said.

"I am aware, I just find it funny." Gio was still far too into the game.

"What is so funny about saying 'does he fuck?' I don't understand." Haaland complained.

Gio laughed. Apparently it was very funny to him.

"One more round?" Gio begged. Nobody agreed, everybody went back to what they were originally doing.

To Bellingham's dismay, Gio left again, looking for more trouble. He was left alone with Haaland. He knew he had to say something, but he didn't know what that was. This was his best chance to smooth things out between them again.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I don't know why I wasn't replying, I really don't know." Bellingham scratched the back of his neck.

Haaland blankly stared at the floor. "I just want to know why. It's nothing personal, right?" Haaland was expecting an answer.

"I had a dream where you called me a plonker. I got unreasonably filled with rage." Bellingham lied through his teeth.

Haaland raised an eyebrow. He didn't want to believe that was the reason, but it was so stupid that there would be no reason to lie about it.

"A what?" Haaland finally said something again, locking his eyes on Bellingham. "A plonker. It's like, an insult." He chuckled to himself.

Haaland blankly stared at him for a while. "I'm sorry for calling you that, you seem to have taken it very personally." Haaland put his hand on Bellingham's shoulder. "I forgive you." Bellingham smirked.

Haaland smooched him on the side of his head, got up and walked away.

Bellingham wiped the side of his head, still shocked by how he lied his way through.

He felt relieved, but still guilty in a way.
He didn't feel right lying to his friend, in front of his face. It was a white lie for sure. Then again, this was better than telling him he.. fancied him?

He also realised the guy kissed his head. Bellingham's ears were flushed and his face was hot. He lightly slapped himself to snap out of it, and cracked open a cold one.