Chapter 2

Chapter-2

Vanessa

Okay…. I guess?

“Hello? Hello C, are you there? Are you okay? Answer me!” I asked worriedly.

Celina was anything but unfocused. It’s not like her to be distracted unless something huge happened. Not even from an extremely simple thing like a phone call. And I would have heard something in the background if something like that happened.

“Oh, hi. Uh sorry. I got distracted due to umm…. Never mind. Anyways what were you saying?” She suddenly said interrupting my thoughts. I calmed myself a little. “I was saying that I couldn’t come to dinner tonight and was wondering if we could meet tomorrow night but first tell me Celina, are you okay? I can take my break now if you want to talk or tell me something.” I said faintly. “No, no. I am perfectly fine, I promise. Nothing happened. I just got distracted. So then, I’ll see you tomorrow, your house, 5 p.m.” She replied. I said bye to her and cut the call. She’s alright and it’s okay. I took a deep breath. I know it’s not a big thing for someone not to answer for two minutes but Celina is my life. She is like the little sister I never had. The only family I have left and so no amount of worry for her is less for me. I know she thinks I’m one of the carefree, crazy, adventurous people but I’m the most deadly person if you think of touching her.

I took a few deep breaths and then went back to my work before the ‘she devil’ saw me. I know that it’s mean to call someone that, but after a day spent with her you WILL agree with me. After working for 3 hours, which felt like three days, I pressed the key ‘send’ and smiled at my hard work. Then I got up and stretched. After that I got my things and walked towards the stairs when I bumped into Amara, the ’she devil’s assistant. Amara was sweet, trustworthy, hardworking and very patient. She is the perfect person to work for our boss. The only one who can handle her actually. “Congratulations on your promotion Vanessa! You and Celina are finally promoted to senior editors! Pass on the message to her too, will you? You move to your new office tomorrow.” “Wait really? The she… I mean boss chose us to get promoted? Is it official?” “Oh yes. I just got her signatures and was on my way to send you an email. Well since I bumped into you here, so less work for me I guess. Anyways congrats again and I’m hoping to receive a party soon!” I chuckled and nodded. I said my goodbye and called Celina while walking down the stairs. She didn’t pick up though and assuming that she was busy, I texted her the good news and left for my house.