Chapter-3

Chapter-3

Celina

Time to decorate our office, Senior!

After my phone call with V, I headed back home convincing myself that it was just a coincidence at the guy had the same tattoo/ birthmark like me and a heart tattoo is pretty common. But the thought of him never really left my mind the whole day. After doing my chores, I decided to have an early dinner and go to bed to clear my mind and wake up with a fresh mind tomorrow. And that's exactly what I did. Still till the moment I didn't sleep I kept thinking about the man and the current that ran through my body the second I touched him. Then I was blank since I dosed off to sleep.

When I opened my eyes, I saw a rock in the air. Below it, there was a huge pot and a man standing near it. Then someone came and held my hand. All this happened in a couple of seconds and so I couldn't react. Moreover, I felt a sharp pain running through my body. I couldn't move at all. Then another man came in front of me and threw the other hurting him deeply with claws. I looked up at him. He had faced his back towards me. Then I saw a same tattoo on his neck. I felt a sharp pain in my neck and I woke up.

"Just another nightmare" I reminded myself but couldn't help but think about what I just saw.... What I felt. This one was so much different than all the other dreams I had. It was longer, and I could feel everything. Moreover I saw a different scene this time though. I usually see the same burning house or the full moon. But above all, I couldn't stop thinking about the man.

To distract myself, I opened my cell phone and saw V's message. It said,

"Hey C, we did it! After all our hard work, we are finally getting our reward! We got a promotion!!!!! Can you believe it? Amara told that she just signed the papers. I'm so happy. I'm taking you to the new club tomorrow. Today we'll probably tired after setting up the office but our dinner at my house is still on. Anyways, have to drive, see you soon!"

I laughed at my victory and for a second forgot about everything else. Then I threw myself in the shower, trying my best to focus on the promotion and forget about the glimpse.

I was up really early so I packed a few things to decorate my new office before driving to work. On my way I got a message from V that said

"Time to decorate our offices 'Senior Editor'!"

I chuckled. I reached the office soon. I met Vanessa right there on the door waiting for me.

"Good morning Senior Editor! Welcome to your new office. Almost no one is here yet, by that I mean not the she wolf, so we can set up our offices peacefully."

"She wolf? Don't you call her the 'she devil'?" I asked while laughing.

"Well I don't think devils promote other people and give them better office and higher wages. I'm pretty sure he's more of a slave person. Wolves do have a heart, even if they are predators. Plus, no other predator really rhymed....."

"You thought all that in two seconds?" I asked her while walking up to my new office.

"You know I'm good at making names.... I'm a quick thinker for these things and an even better story teller. My history marks prove my qualities!" She replied while laughing and unloading all her decorating supplies.

I know we don't really need to decorate our office but it's one month to Christmas. This early Christmas present needs some serious cheering up. After some time we were all done.

The rest of the day went away very quickly. We got our batches and our very first pay check as seniors. Then we both went to our home with the plan of meeting each other again after an hour.

After I got home, I freshened up and made myself a cup of coffee. I sat down while sipping on to it. I took a deep breath and smiled at the wonderful day I had.