Chapter-16

Chapter-16

Celina

It's insane how there's an Alpha alive

We looked each other directly in the eye and felt the silence of our surroundings. I guess he felt the spark too because he slowly came in closer.

"My princess" he whispered coming in so close that I could feel him breathing.

I closed my eyes and felt his lips onto mine. It felt like the world stopped as his lips grew deeper into mine.

"Cyrus and a girl under a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" we heard a laugh in the background and immediately stopped.

I bit my lip. There was a small boy standing and laughed as he waved to us. He was 11, or maybe 12 years old.

"Hi Cyrus! Hi random girl!" He said.

"Hello Peter. I forgot that my cousins were visiting today. I'm sorry about that." He told me.

"Well you better introduce me to them then." I said.

"Of course, follow me."

We went inside the house and I saw C's parents and Amara greeting the family.

"Hello Cyrus! What's up?" the eldest one said.

"Hey Chris! I'm good what about you? Oh my god, is that her? It's so good to finally meet you Emma!" he said.

She waved to him and then turned to me.

"Well, it's seems like Chris isn't the only one who found her mate."

I smiled. "Hello, I'm Celina."

"Wow that's a pretty name. I'm Janelle and those are my brothers Chris and Peter. We're Cyrus's cousin. Emma is Chris's mate." The other girl said enthusiastically.

"You must be hungry after that long journey. If you are all introduced, I'll make you blueberry pancakes." C's mother said.

"Yay pancakes!" Peter said running towards the dining room.

After reaching there and sitting we started talking.

"Where's uncle T and Aunt Kate?" Amara asked.

"Oh they couldn't make it because of chief stuff. They've gotten really busy especially with the rumors that the vampires are doing the Alpha moon ceremony." Replied Janelle.

"Whoa, what?" Cyrus asked holding my hand tightly.

"I know right. It's insane how there's an Alpha alive and that too the 50th one. It was so sad that the wolves went against the Alphas and killed them. Now that one of them is alive, I hope he or she stays safe because once found they'll probably kill her. There's a whole meeting going on between the Chiefs about it I think." Chris continued.

I turned to Cyrus and saw him looking back at me.

"It'll be fine." I heard him say in my mind.

I was shocked. How did I just hear him in my mind? Do I have mind reading powers? Did I just imagine it? I don't know.

We just talked for hours after that ignoring everything else that was going on. They told me so much about Cyrus's childhood. It was so fun. His cousins were amazing.

"So how did you two meet?" Janelle asked.

"We sort of bumped into each other." Cyrus said looking at me smiling.

I smiled too remembering that day.

"Ohkay, well we are going to our room and getting a long sleep because my back is killing me right now." Chris said holding Emma's hand and taking her with him.

"We'll head upstairs too." Janelle said dragging the running Peter with her.

Just then I got a call from Vanessa on my phone. I picked it up and walked towards the door to the garden too.

"Hey C! What's up? How's life? How's work? Enjoying your promotion? Tell me everything but quick, I don't know how long I have service for." She exclaimed the second I put the phone on my ear.

"Hey V! Oh my god I've missed you. I'm alright. Life's been... well interesting let's say. I got sick so I could not go to work for a few days. Anyways what about you? How's your trip going?"

"Amazing! I learnt so much stuff. The business part was great. I made the deal and all but the trip started after that. By the way I'm coming home next week as my work here ended...... early........ oh n.........sig......out....... Call.....la....." and cut.

I missed being able to talk to her and wished I could tell her about all this craziness. She would've come up with insane theories and stories.

Anyways I walked back inside and saw Cyrus talk to his mother with a frown on his face.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well I was asking how much time was there till the Alpha moon, and according to the wolf calendar it's day after tomorrow." He replied.

"Oh" I said not knowing what else to say.

"Well then, I want to learn how to use my powers, whatever I have. If I get captured, at least I'll have a chance to survive." I said promptly.

"You're right, we have to do everything we can. When should we start?" he asked

"Right now. We don't have much time, do we?" I said.

We went outside and he taught me everything he knew. At least as much he could teach me in that time. We stopped in the evening when Peter came shouting 'dinner time!'.

After dinner and talking a little bit more, we all dozed off to sleep. When I opened my eyes I found myself in a jungle.

The full moon was above me and I was tied to a tree. I was standing in the middle of a triangle. A triangle made up of fire. I saw Cyrus, Amara and her cousins outside trying to come in. I saw some vampires and witches in the triangle and casting spells. All this happened in a few seconds and after that I woke up.

"Cyrus! Wake up! I saw the nightmare. I saw the nightmare where I would die!"