4: Episode 6, Skin

"Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight," Dean suggested as he pulled the Impala into a gas station. Percy gave him a thumbs up from the back, and Dean waited for Sam to respond and sighed when he received no such thing. "Sam wears women's underwear."

"I've been listenin'," Sam rolled his eyes as he looked through something on his phone. "I'm just busy."

"Busy doin' what?" Dean opened his car door and started filling up the tank with gas.

Sam shrugged. "Reading e-mails."

"E-mails from who?" Percy asked curiously.

"From my friends at Stanford."

"You're kidding," Dean poked his head back in from outside the car. "You still keep in touch with your college buddies?

"Why not?" Sam questioned.

"Well, what exactly do you tell 'em?" Dean asked, resting his forearms on the edge of the window. "You know, about where you've been, what you've been doin'?"

Sam gave him a shrug. "I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my big brother. I tell 'em I needed some time off after Jess."

"Oh, so you lie to 'em," Dean nodded.

"No," Sam sighed. "I just don't tell 'em....everything."

"Still lying," Percy noted, ignoring the glare that Sam shot his way. "I get it, though. Telling the truth is far worse."

"So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" Sam asked him accusatorially as if he were the one who started this conversation and not Dean. Percy shrugged at him. "You're serious?"

Thankfully, Dean regained Sam's attention before Percy had to explain around being half-god and constantly in danger without telling them about the entire first half of that statement. "Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period."

"You're kind of anti-social, you know that?" Sam frowned at his brother.

He shrugged him off. "Yeah, whatever."

Sam only went back to reading for a few brief moments before saying, "God..."

"What?" Dean finished putting gas in the Impala and returned to his seat behind the wheel.

"In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine," Sam frowned.

"Is she hot?" Dean grinned.

"Dean," Percy said to him disapprovingly as if he were the man's mother. Dean's grin vanished, but he didn't return with any kind of comment.

Sam continued, "I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case."

"Dude, what kind of people are you hangin' out with?" Dean scrunched his eyebrows together.

Sam shook his head. "No, man, I know Zack. He's no killer."

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it, Percy thought to himself bitterly.

"Well, maybe you know Zack just as well as he knows you," Dean seemed to agree more with Percy's take.

"They're in St. Louis. We're going," Sam said definitively.

"St. Louis?" Percy muttered to himself, but both brothers apparently heard as they turned to look at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uh, I took a trip there once. Didn't enjoy my time, wouldn't recommend."