Ch. 9

ENJOY!! Sorry if some parts don't make sense. Lets just say I hate auto correct...

ZAYNS POV

When I woke up in the hospital, she was there. She was stroking my head so softly. I still could t believe that she had stayed with me through all of this. I didn't want to admit it but I was so glad she had told the police. I never had the guts to do that. But it was done and over. I didn't think I could ever make it up to her. I saw her cuts then and I made her promise to stop. She did. I pulled her onto the small hospital bed with me and wrapped my arms around her. She had helped me through so much. I could t help but be attracted to her. She was so beautiful and obviously kind. And she stayed with me so maybe she felt the same way.........no. I wouldn't let myself imagine things that would never happen. I just enjoyed the moment when she was in my arms. Just then the nurse walked in to see us.

'Oh..I...um..ill come back in a few minutes." She stutters looking away. Y/n gets up and sits back down in the chair. 'No it's okay." She says.

"Sorry I didn't know you two were a couple." She says with a wink. My face must've turned as red as a tomatoe. She must've seen because she giggled.

"No. We're just friends." She says. I'm sure that if you listened hard enough you could've heard my heart snap in half. That's what I get for even thinking it was a possibility.

YOUR POV

Zayn was so beautiful. He had been through so much and deserved such good things. We laid there for a while before the nurse barges in. She offers to leave but I tell her she can stay and I go back to the chair. Then the sure asks us if we were a couple. I can tell zayn is embarrassed because his face turns bright red. He was so cute when he blushed and he blushed A LOT. I tell her we are just friends but I had to admit it would be nice to be more. But I wasn't going to set myself up for failure. After the nurse leaves again I crawl back not the bed with zayn. But after that he doesn't seem quite the same. He seemed sadder. Like something I said had really hurt him.

"Zayn?" I ask.

"Ya." He responds. The nurse had said that zayn could go home tonight because he was doing a lot better.

"Where are you going for the night?"I ask. He wasnt going to be able to get to the orphanage until tomorrow.

"Ill find somewhere." Is all he says. Then I get and idea.

"Ill be right back." I tell him. He seems disappointed that I was leaving but nodded.

ZAYNS POV

she came back about 10 minutes later with the widest smile ever.

"What?" I ask. What had she done out in the hallway?

"I talked t my mom and told her what you'd been through. And how you had nowhere to stay for the night." She says. "And I talked her into letting you stay at our house for the night!" She exclaim showing an even bigger smile. I couldn't believe it. Not only would I have somewhere to go for the night but I would get to spend the whole night with her! I coulcnt even say anything and she could tell I was speechless so she just wrapped her arms around me. It was almost torture being this close to her. This near. And not be able to know how she felt. I wanted more than anything for her to be mine. But I didn't have the courage to say it. After the hug ended she saw pain in my eyes. It was from being s close to her and not having her be mine. She must've thought it was because of what I'd been through and said, "zayn. It's over. I know you've been through a lot. It's only going to get better. But you have to be willing to move on." I almost couldn't take it now.she was so perfect. I needed her. But telling her might push her away from me. She must've seen I was no better so she gently pressed her lips to my cheek. We lips were so soft and this drove me even crazier. I wanted her more than anything. Tonight, was the night I either made her mine, or lost her forever.