ONE - UNCLE SAM

CHAPTER ONE — UNCLE SAM
pilot — part one

CHAPTER ONE — UNCLE SAMpilot — part one

"I adopted her." — dean winchester

STANFORD UNIVERSITY

STANFORD UNIVERSITY

JOHN WINCHESTER WAS MISSING. He had been for a few days now, without as much as a call to assure them he was safe, so the two remaining Winchesters had started to worry. It wasn't uncommon for John to vanish for periods of time, but this time was different. Not a call, not a note, not any sort of goodbye and then he was gone. Dean and Grace woke up one morning to find their shared motel room one person short. All his things and guns were gone, the only thing he left behind was the Impala; other than that, there was no trace of John Winchester anywhere.

Grace Winchester didn't remember who she used to be before waking up in those woods alone, so the only people she really knew now were her Father and Grandfather. Sure, she had met tons of other people in different towns and motels during their travels, but they were always gone just as quickly as they had arrived. It was how hunters rolled after all.

With John Winchester who knows where, Grace was, of course, concerned. But whether her concern laid in the wellbeing of John or those around him, that was something else entirely.

Dean had asked, and practically begged, Grace to use her abilities to locate his Father. But they didn't work that way; as far as she knew anyhow. Her powers, just like her new life, were a learning curve she had to figure out on her own. So unfortunately, it meant that finding John Winchester was going to be much more difficult than they had previously imagined.

Luckily, her Father had a plan. And that plan apparently involved breaking and entering.

She knew exactly whose apartment they were sneaking their way into: her Uncle Sam's. Which was why she didn't understand why her Father didn't just use the front door. Perhaps he was worried Sam would slam the door in his face. Grace had never met the man personally, but from what her Father had mentioned over the past year or so, her Uncle left behind his family and his life to start anew somewhere else, to become someone normal. She couldn't blame him for that.