THREE - THE BEGINNING OF THE END

CHAPTER THREE — THE BEGINNING OF THE END
pilot — part three

CHAPTER THREE — THE BEGINNING OF THE ENDpilot — part three

"We got work to do." — sam winchester

AFTER GAINING THE INFORMATION THEY NEEDED FROM THE CLERK, IT DIDN'T TAKE THE TRIO LONG TO TRACK DOWN JOHN'S ROOM

AFTER GAINING THE INFORMATION THEY NEEDED FROM THE CLERK, IT DIDN'T TAKE THE TRIO LONG TO TRACK DOWN JOHN'S ROOM. Sam, surprisingly, was picking the lock by utilising the picks her Dad always had stashed in a pocket somewhere. Once Grace had seen a trick on the TV, where someone unlocked something with just a bobby pin so she decided to give it a try. As it turned out, as soon as she put the pin in her hair it became lost to her wild brown curls, only to re-emerge hours later when the time of its need had long passed. So, she stopped using them.

The room door swung open, revealing where John had been staying whilst in Jericho. Sam stood up and slyly slid the picks into his pocket. Still exhausted from her long day, Grace leant against the doorframe, her eyelids feeling heavier by the minute. Dean, on the other hand, had his eyes wide open as he kept watch in case anyone came by and witnessed what they were doing. Reaching out, Sam then seized his brother's shoulder and yanked him inside and out of sight before closing the door behind them.

Grace had to admit, the place was a mess. On all four walls, papers, articles, maps and pictures were all pinned and connected together like one large spider's web. Stacks of leather-bound books occupied the desk and every other flat surface in the room. There was so much random stuff on the floor, Grace had almost stepped on something at least twice and she had only entered the room a few seconds prior. The mess continued to the unmade bed where even more lore and assorted items laid strewn on the sheets. Dean switched on the bedside lamp, the light shining on a half-eaten burger still sat on the nightstand. Meanwhile, Sam and Grace were focused on the large circle of salt around the bed, a line of protection, and cautiously tread over it. Dean sniffed the leftover burger before recoiling in disgust and tossing it back where he found it.

The elder of the three coughed. "I don't think he's been here for a couple of days."

"He must have left in a hurry." Grace observed, then frowned with slight concern. "He left all his stuff behind."