EIGHT - WATER ALWAYS WINS

CHAPTER EIGHT — WATER ALWAYS WINS
dead in the water — part two

CHAPTER EIGHT — WATER ALWAYS WINSdead in the water — part two

"So now I do my best to be brave every day, just like him." — grace winchester

JUST LIKE GRACE HAD SUGGESTED, THE WINCHESTERS HEADED OVER TO THE SHERIFF'S HOUSE WHERE ANDREA AND LUCAS WERE CURRENTLY STAYING

JUST LIKE GRACE HAD SUGGESTED, THE WINCHESTERS HEADED OVER TO THE SHERIFF'S HOUSE WHERE ANDREA AND LUCAS WERE CURRENTLY STAYING. Getting out the car, they walked straight to front door and knocked on it. Andrea answered their call, surprised to see who she believed to be men from the Wildlife Service and and the child they had under their care. Once they had explained their plan to her, the Mother was understandably hesitant.

"I'm sorry, but I don't it's a good idea." She told them, not eager for a bunch of strangers to try and get more information out of her son. Lucas had been through a lot, they knew that, so they had to be careful with him.

"Grace just needs to talk to him." Dean begged as Andrea allowed them into the house. "Just for a few minutes." Andrea glanced down at Grace who nodded her head in confirmation. Grace already had a connection with Lucas so it would be much easier if she talked to him instead of her Father and Uncle.

Andrea wasn't yet convinced of their cause, not that Grace could blame her. "He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do?"

"Andrea, we think more people might get hurt." Sam cut in with a soft tone as he tried to persuade her to allow Grace to see Lucas. "We think something's happening out there."

At his words, Andrea glanced between the Winchesters in disbelief. "My husband, the others, they just drowned." There was something in her eyes that made Grace believe that at least some part of her knew and felt different, that she was just trying to convince herself that there was nothing evil lurking in their lake. "That's all."

"If that's what you really believe, then we'll go." Dean told her solemnly as he stared her in the eyes, hoping to get through to her. "But if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let Grace talk to your son."

Flickering her gaze between Grace and Dean, Andrea then paused as she thought over his words. Sam was worried that in that moment she would decide to throw them out of the house and tell them to never come back, but Grace thought different. She was sure Andrea would come around. And with a defeated sigh, that was exactly what she did.