SIX - LIGHT IT UP

CHAPTER SIX — LIGHT IT UP
wendigo — part three

CHAPTER SIX — LIGHT IT UPwendigo — part three

"It's better than breadcrumbs." — sam winchester

WHEN HER FATHER AND UNCLE RE-EMERGED FROM THE TREE LINE, ROY WASN'T WITH THEM

WHEN HER FATHER AND UNCLE RE-EMERGED FROM THE TREE LINE, ROY WASN'T WITH THEM. It was safe to assume the wendigo had gotten to him and it wasn't surprising after he shot the creature. Guns were no use against a wendigo unless you wanted to anger it. He may not have been well liked amongst the group, but none of them wished for him to come to harm. Grace sat on a log, thinking about how she should've seen it coming and stopped him. But sadly, her visions don't work that way.

Sam had his back up against the tree stump with John's journal clutches tightly between his fingers as he fiddled with the attached string of beads with his free hand. Over on the other side of camp, Dean was explaining the strange reality of the situation to Haley and Ben. It was safe now, or so they believed, as night was usually the time of day the wendigo chose to attack. So the Winchesters weren't on as high alert as they were before.

"I don't... I mean." Haley struggled to grasp what they were saying and shook her head in shock. "These types of things, they aren't supposed to be real."

"I wish I could tell you different." Dean sighed as he said.

Haley's eyes darted around as she frantically scanned their surroundings in distress. "How do we know it's not out there watching us?" She inquired gingerly.

"We don't." Dean replied, trying to be honest with the woman from that moment on. Seeing her sudden pick up in panic, he quickly reassured her. "But we're safe for now."

"And if it comes, we'll protect you." Grace spoke up, drawing Haley and Ben's gazes to her. Dean then nodded her way in confirmation.

"How do you know about this stuff?"

Dean glanced at Grace, then at Sam at the other end of the camp. There was a brief pause as he thought about his answer and Grace looked at him expectantly. Then he gave her a small smirk before shrugging lightly. "Kind of runs in the family."