TWO - THE WOMAN IN WHITE

CHAPTER TWO — THE WOMAN IN WHITE
pilot — part two

CHAPTER TWO — THE WOMAN IN WHITEpilot — part two

"She just vanished into thin air." — grace winchester

" — grace winchester

CENTENNIAL HIGHWAY

THEY HAD JUST PASSED THE SEVEN-KILOMETRE MARKER UNTIL JERICHO, SO IT WASN'T LONG TO GO UNTIL THEY ARRIVED. Metallica continued to blast through the speakers and Grace and Dean moved their bodies to the infectious beat. They were all eager to find John and put their worries to rest, but Grace had a feeling it wasn't going to be that simple. Nothing ever was. Especially when you happened to be a Winchester.

Sam had phoned the local hospital asking about whether they had anyone matching John's description either in care or in the morgue. Fortunately, there was apparently no such new arrival, the hospital hadn't seen him. Grace, Dean and Sam were all slightly relieved to hear the news but it also meant they still had no idea where John Winchester was.

Not much further up the road, the trip spotted a gathering of police vehicles by the bridge that closed off with bright yellow tape. The cars were deserted as the officers had all made their way towards the centre of the bridge, which also meant they couldn't see the Impala pull up beside it.

"Check it out." Dean breathed out, observing the scene. In the passenger seat, Sam leaned forwards for a better look at whatever was happening. After driving the Impala closer to the scene, the trio stared for a moment before the Dean switched off the engine. The man then reached over and opened the glove compartment for their fake ID box and grinned as he combed through whilst glancing over at his brother who was giving him a look of disbelief. "Let's go." Grace went to grab the handle, only for Dean to speak up. "Not you, Pumpkin, you're staying right here."

"But—"

Dean spun around to give her a stern look. "The only butt I want to know about is yours not moving from this seat." From experience, Grace knew it was useless to protest, so she gave in with a small nod. "Good. Sorry, Gracie but we're less likely to get away with being Marshals if we have a kid with us." She understood, of course she did, this wasn't their first rodeo. Still, she looked down sadly. One day she would go with her Dad to the scene, one day. Noticing her crestfallen expression, Dean put on a bright comforting smile. "I'll tell you what, me and Sam will go over there and we'll tell you all about it when we get back. Deal?"