FOUR - INTO THE WOODS

CHAPTER FOUR — INTO THE WOODS
wendigo — part one

 "I'm nine! And, I'm really good at finding people

"I'm nine! And, I'm really good at finding people." — grace winchester

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK SINCE JESSICA MOORE DIED IN THAT HORRENDOUS INFERNO AND THEY STILL HAD NO LEADS ON THE CREATURE THAT HAD DONE IT

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK SINCE JESSICA MOORE DIED IN THAT HORRENDOUS INFERNO AND THEY STILL HAD NO LEADS ON THE CREATURE THAT HAD DONE IT. The only thing they did know was that the thing that had killed Jess had also murdered their Mary Winchester decades earlier. So, after their search in Stanford came up empty, the Winchesters decided to first find John, then together track down the monster. Which was why the Impala was currently racing down the highway to the coordinates John had left for Dean in his journal. It was the only lead they had.

Grace had yet to recover from the loss of Jessica. The physical pain faded after a day but the guilt that racked her heart, that stayed. Truthfully, she didn't think it would ever leave.

Dean's gaze darted between the road and Grace in the rear-view mirror as he tried to keep an eye on them both. He was also worried about Sam who was currently asleep in the passenger seat. Grace didn't have to be the psychic that she was to know his dreams weren't exactly balls of sunshine. Her own dreams hadn't been pleasant either, but when were they ever?

Suddenly Sam jerked forwards, awake, and gasped for breath. The other two turned to look at him worriedly as he then proceeded to sit up and rub his tired eyes. "You okay, Uncle Sam?" Grace asked with a frown, knowing the look on his face all too well.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied, plastering on a calm and emotionless face. It didn't do what he had hoped for though because Grace and most likely Dean, knew he was lying.

The youngest Winchester kept her eyes on her Uncle who had noticed the concern in them but decided to ignore it. He didn't want them to worried, but like that was going to stop them. Dean nodded distantly at Sam's words, not fully taking them in. Because there was no way, after having your girlfriend murdered just a week prior, that you would be okay. Even if you happened to be a Winchester. The past week had been hell for both Sam and Gracie and Dean knew it. Restless nights, nightmares infecting the little sleep he managed to get and they yet to dig up a lead on the creature who took Jess from him. So, there was no way he was 'fine'.