SEVEN - CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER

CHAPTER SEVEN — CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER
dead in the water — part one

CHAPTER SEVEN — CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSERdead in the water — part one

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised what they can deal with." — dean winchester

IT HAD BEEN A LITTLE WHILE SINCE LOST CREEK FOR THE WINCHESTER TRIO AND THEY STILL DIDN'T HAVE A LEAD ON JOHN

IT HAD BEEN A LITTLE WHILE SINCE LOST CREEK FOR THE WINCHESTER TRIO AND THEY STILL DIDN'T HAVE A LEAD ON JOHN. Unlike before, there was no message telling them where to go next, so they just got in the Impala and drove. Currently they were in a restaurant where her Dad was staring at the backs of some newspapers and Grace had her mouth stuffed with waffle. They had just stopped off for something to eat and Grace had fancied some breakfast food with maple syrup. She smiled over at her Dad, full cheeks and clutching the dirty cutlery in her hands.

Dean lifted his pen to the paper and started circling sections he thought were interesting. Grace put her cutlery down onto her plate as she finished eating her waffle which was when a waitress, Wendy, came up the pair. "Can I get either of you anything else?" Pen between his lips, Dean looked up at her and smirked.

"Just the check, please." Sam requested as he came over and sat down on the other side of Dean. Breaking contact with Dean, the waitress then nodded her head before walking away to fetch their check.

Dean hung his head before turning to his brother in exasperation. "You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while." He reminded him as Grace drank down the rest of her juice. Both Sam and Grace watched as Dean pointed at the waitress with a cheeky smile that either made Grace want to giggle or roll her eyes at. "That's fun." He let out a sign before pushing over the papers to show Sam the one he had circled around multiple times. "Here, take a look at this, I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water, nothing."

That's weird, Grace thought as she placed down her glass and stared over to read the obituary.

"Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either." Dean continued. Now that was even weirder. "They had a funeral two days ago."