CHAPTER 17- OUR CUTE LITTLE BABY

AFTER FEW MONTHS

ATHARV'S POV

A heavy sigh left  my lips as I woke up. I  looked at my left to find a heavily 8 months pregnant Kiana sleeping while snuggling to my chest.

A smile laced my lips by just seeing her. She is looking so cute with her huge baby bump but according to her she looks fat.

I have told her many times that she looks beautiful and cute but she never understands.

I kissed her forehead and her stomach gently.

"Hey baby, Good morning " I whispered to her stomach

"I can't wait to have you in my arms" I whispered to the baby inside her stomach

I looked at the time it was already past 7 and if I don't get up now I will get late for work.

I quickly got down of the bed and went to do my morning chores, after coming out of the washroom I went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

By the time I finished making the breakfast it was already past 8 am.

Oh god I am going to be late today!!!

I quickly went our bedroom to wake up Kiana but I already found are awake and it seemed like she has already freshened up.

"Good morning Kiana" i wished her

She just hummed and gave me a half hearted smile.

I don't know what is wrong with her. For the past few months she has been acting like this, I have tried to ask her if something is wrong but she always replies me by saying that everything is fine. I even shared this matter with Sidharth but he told me that she might be behaving like this due to her pregnancy hormones.

But my heart knew that it's not because of that so I kept on asking her to share the matter with me but later on she got irritated and started shouting at me so I left asking her as getting hyper would affect her as well as the baby's health.

"Kiana I have kept the breakfast on the table, please it eat and I am leaving for work" I said and  waited for her reply but she was too much focused in her mobile.

"Ok bye" I said and left from there.

I was working in the cafe when all of a sudden I got a call from Meena aunty saying that Kiana is in labour.  My heart just dropped hearing that  , I started shivering but somehow I gathered some courage and left for the hospital.

As soon as I reached the Hospital I  saw Meena aunty standing in the reception.

"Come this way Atharv" said Meena aunty and guided me to the room were Kiana was  screaming due to pain.

I was horrified to see her screaming like this. Seeing her like this made a thousand needles pierce my heart.

I ran to her and held her hand tightly as tears streamed from my eyes.

"Atharv this pain is killing me" she screamed.

"I know Kiana, just don't loose hope baby, I am there beside you"

Soon the doctor came and took her to the operation theater as normal delivery was not possible in her case.

Its been almost an hour and there was no news about her. My heart rate was increasing as each second was passing by.

"Everything will be fine beta" said Meena aunty

Suddenly the doors of the OT opened revealing the doctor holding  a tiny human being wrapped in a  fluffy pink cloth.

My eyes welled up seeing the sight of the tiny little human.

"Congratulations, it's a girl " said the doctor and handed over my daughter to me.

Holding her in my arms was the best feeling , it felt like I have become the richest person in this universe all the pain and sacrifices I had to go through was worth it

She looked exactly like me but her nose was like Kiana.

"Hi princess, I am your dada" I whispered and softly kissed her head.

"Doctor how is my wife" I asked

"She is completely fine and has been shifted to her room, you can meet her now" said  the doctor.

I quickly went to her room along with our daughter.

I entered the room to only find Kiana laying  on the bed while she was staring at the ceiling blankly.

"Kiana" I called her out

As soon she saw me she tried to sit , I quickly went near her and helped her to sit properly.

"Kiana look it's our daughter" I said softly

I handed her our baby who just snuggled to Kiana's chest as if knowing that it's her mother.

"Look baby this is your Mumma" I said and caressed my daughters head

l looked at Kiana  just to find her staring at the baby with an emotion which I couldn't pin point

"Kiana" I shaked her

She flinched as soon as I shaked her, it was as if she was brought out of a trance

"What happened Kiana, what are you thinking about" I asked softly

"Nothing, it just I am tired" she said but I knew she was lying but I did not want to stretch the matter now by asking her questions.

"Isn't our daughter cute!!" I said trying to change the topic

"Yeah she is" said Kiana and gave me a smile which seemed fake but anyways I ignored it

Soon a nurse came and told Kiana to feed the baby.

The sight of seeing Kiana feed our baby was so surreal.

I was feeling really blessed and happy today, it felt like nothing can go wrong now.

END OF ATHARV'S POV

But what he didn't know was that a huge storm was going to come in his life that will leave him devastated and heart broken forever.