CHAPTER 22- FACE OFF

ATHARV'S POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. The person whose face I never wanted to see again in this life is standing right infront of me.

I held Mahi's hand tightly as I needed some sort of support. I could also see Kiana eyeing my daughter so I held Raavi tightly and hid her in my protective arms.

All the memories of that tragic day came into my mind, all the her insults, hate, loathe everything.

"Look Vivaan this party also let beggars like him to enter, but mister shouldn't you come from back door as beggars come from there only to collect the left over food. Oh and by the way who donated you these expensive cloths? Or did you again trap a rich girl or shall I say Mahi in your lies and fake love." She spat hatefuly

Yes Vivaan was there too with her.

"Stop your nonsense Kiana, do you even know who he is ?" said Mahi angrily.

Not many people have seen the businessman  Atharv Malhotra's face. I like to keep my life private  so she might not know that I am the owner of RM Industries.

I just stared into Kiana's eyes to find excessive loathe for me. Nothing has changed it's still the same.

"Mumma let's go home" said  Raavi sleepily and interrupted our conversation.

"Yes baby lets go home " said Mahi softly and caressed her hair.

I could see something reflect in Kiana's eyes when Raavi  called Mahi mumma , something like hurt , but why will she be hurt if Raavi calls Mahi her mumma. Kiana was the one who left Raavi when she was a mere two month old child who still needed her mother's milk, her mother's warmth.

I didn't  want spare another glance at these two people standing before me and so I held Mahi's arms tightly and was about to leave the place when I heard Vivaan calling me.

"Hey Atharv wait, what's the hurry. We want to share a good news with you" he said evily

"Speak" I said coldly

"Oh After two weeks I am going to get married to Kiana, the love of my life , so please come along with your entire family to our wedding" he said while gave an evil smirk.

"Sure we will come and congratulations to both of you" I said and left the party .

"Atharv are you fine?" asked Mahi softly as we sat in the car  and caressed my right arm softly which gave me a certain sort of comfort.

"Hmm" was all I could say because right now my feelings were all over the place.

"Ok" she sighed not pestering me with more questions as she knew I needed some space right now .

END OF ATHARV'S POV

KIANA'S POV

"And the award for the best author goes to Ms Kiana Kapoor" announced the host .

I could hear everyone's cheering and applauding, I could see my parents having tears of happiness in their eyes.

Yes in these  5 years after immense hard work I have finally achieved my dream of becoming a world renowned author , I achieved everything that I wanted in life. My parents and especially Vivaan had supported me a lot in this journey but still somewhere in my heart I felt a certain sort of emptiness and i don't know how to fill this void.

Some times I think that leaving Atharv was a huge mistake but than all his past sins remind me that  I have done the correct thing. I could have never made my parents proud if I was still living in that hell with Atharv and Raavi.