Chapter 1

Earlier that day...

"Will you leave me alone?"

Eda was wading through deep snow, trying to make sense of her surroundings as it was getting darker and it started snowing more and more. She was lost somewhere in the Alps with one person she hated the most, who wasn't willing to leave her and go his own way.

"Sorry, can't do it because of your stupidity we are lost now!"

The object of her hatred answered in a mocking tone and threw another snowball at her. She was done fighting him back after he almost dragged her by snow when earlier she hit him with ice in the back of his head. Instead, she turned to him and shouted. "I didn't drag you to go back with me! And it's your fault that we are lost!"

"I had to return to the resort because I had to attend the same meeting as you. And if you wouldn't throw a tantrum about me going with you, we wouldn't be there!" Serkan retorted angrily, stopping in front of her.

"You could go by yourself. You are a big boy. You don't need a nanny to hold your hand to take you from point A to point B. If you wouldn't piss me off, I would not get off the path!" Eda yelled, showing him her back and going away. Serkan followed her quickly, not to lose her in the trees.

"I wasn't going with you. Don't you make yourself that important. It was the quickest way to the resort. Did you expect me to go around or wait until you disappeared on the path? Like I don't have anything better to do!" He shouted after her, but she didn't even look at him.

"You could have kept a distance of 100 meters!"

"In your dreams."

Serkan looked around, trying to find any sign of a path to the resort. He tried earlier to persuade Eda to go back the way they came. But after they fought in the snow and he rubbed snow in her face, she just went her own way, and now they were completely lost.

"So why did you follow me here? You had your path clear and free from me."

"Because I didn't want to have the police on my neck when you'd got lost. And I was right you got lost." Serkan knew he technically was right. Eda was the one who got lost, but his actions were a direct cause of it. He should have just thrown her on his back when she tried to enter the woods and carried her screaming and kicking back on the path.

"Sorry to interrupt your little I-told-you-so moment, but you got lost too, Serkan Bolat. You are not as awesome as you think."

"You were telling different things when you were screaming my name." Serkn could help himself. Somehow Eda's presence was waking up in him all sorts of intense emotions and he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Eda stopped at his words and turned again to him. Her eyes were spitting fire at him. "You are disgusting. I hate you!"

"I hate you more!"

"You're such an asshole." She shook her head, closing her eyes.

"And you are such a nice girl!" Serkan retorted.

"Nicer than you!"

"It is hardly an achievement!"

Eda started her walk again, muttering something under her breath, Serkan couldn't understand, but he was sure it was a long list of insults directed at him. They walked like that for another five minutes when the flashlight of Eda's phone flickered and went off.

"Great! Now my battery is dead."

"And who told you to use the phone flashlight? It is bright enough to see around without it." Serkan stopped next to her, looking up at the sky, and took off his phone from the pocket of his jacket.