Chapter 9

A/N: This is mature story 😈😈😈

Artlife, the next day...

"Serkan, I can stay here anymore. I want our collaboration to terminate now!"

"I don't know what is your problem now."

Selin stood behind the door listening to Serkan and Eda arguing. It looked like, after her talk with Eda, this annoying girl finally understood that she had to move aside.

"I can't work with you anymore after what happened!"

"You signed the contract. You will suffer the penalties if you walk away now."

"After what you did this time, I don't care about penalties. I will finish my work at home and send it to you. Our working relationship is ceased from now on. Ceren will take care of the contracts. You can contact me through her."

"Fine! Do whatever you want! I knew you couldn't be professional. You just proved this. I hope to never work with you or see you again!"

"Our feelings are mutual, Serkan Bolat!" Eda spun on her heel and marched out of the conference room. Selin watched as Serkan dialed his phone.

"Ceren, I want to see Eda's contracts. Can it be done before my departure? The penalties are ready? Guzel. She won't be working here ever again."

Selin smiled widely. Serkan was already preparing to fire Eda, and he will even take legal action against her. It couldn't be better. She knocked on his door, and he looked at her. Something changed in his eyes, but Selin didn't notice.

"Do you have something for me, Selin?"

"Serkan, I prepared the new strategy, but there is a lot to discuss. I overheard by accident that Eda will no longer work with us, and it changes a lot. Can we discuss this over a dinner tonight?" She asked, trying to mask her joyfulness.

"Sorry, Selin." Serkan turned his gaze to the table and started packing his laptop and files. "I'm leaving for my business trip in one hour. But Eda will no longer be a collaborator in Artlife."

"The business trip? I didn't know about it." Selin was really surprised. She made clear years ago to Serkan's personal assistant that she has to be informed about his every trip and dinner for PR purposes. It always worked in her favor. Selin will have to have a word with that girl and remind her who is the important one and can make her life hell.

"It came up today. I have a big proposition in Paris."

"When are you leaving?" Selin wasn't giving up, especially when she learned Serkan will be in Paris. What better city to work on him? "I will go with you. We can use this time to work on the mess that Eda made by leaving us."

"No." Serkan cut her short. "I have back to back meetings. We will talk when I'll be back in three days."

Selin covered her disappointment. Typical Serkan, she knew he was too stubborn to try to persuade him to take her with him, but maybe she could surprise him on his plane.

Selin left Serkan's office to look for his personal assistant, but she was nowhere to find. Eda stood with Engin, Ferit, and Piryl next to the door, holding in her hands a carton box.

"You are really leaving us?" Engin asked in a sad voice when Piryl hugged Eda. "Artlife won't be the same without you."

Selin stopped a couple of meters behind them and snorted. Definitely, Artlife won't be the same without her.

"I can no longer collaborate with Serkan."

"So maybe don't collaborate with him and work with us."

Eda giggled and hugged Engin. "That would be interesting. But I'm sure you will finally have a proper landscape architect and not a substitute from outside."