Chapter 5

A/N: More mature content ahead...

* * *

The Alps resort, current day...

"Ceren, can I ask you something about Serkan and Eda?" Ceren was just walking down to the resort cafeteria when she met Feirt, waiting for her by the stair. "Of course, Ferit."

He looked around to make sure they were alone. "Why no one knew about them dating? I never saw her visiting Serkan in Artlife, and no one had even the idea that Serkan was seeing someone."

"It was me, Melo, and Eda's aunt who knew, and I think Seyfi, as Eda often was staying with Serkan." Ceren shrugged her shoulder, she never thought about this further, just went along with what Eda told them. 

"Were they hiding or something like that?" Ferit asked suspiciously. 

"No, not really." She shook her head. "It was still a fresh thing even if it was serious between them since the beginning. We met Serkan when he was picking up Eda. They were open in public." 

Ceren and Feirt were waking together through the hall, Ferit looked slightly offended. "So why he didn't tell anyone even Engin or me? We are close friends." Ceren stopped and looked at him.

"He wanted but Eda asked him to keep it secret in Artlife, for a couple of weeks."

"But why?"

* * *

Istanbul, seven and a half weeks ago...

Serkan put down his phone and returned to Eda, who was waiting for him in his car. "Eda, I just got a call from Engin. There is some crisis as usual, and I have to go for an hour or two to Artlife. You can go with me, and later we will go to the beach as we planned."

Eda pouted. "You have to work today? It's your day off."

Serkan sighed and took his seat behind the wheel. "As I never had that term in my vocabulary Engin thinks I'm just working at home right now. Come, I will show him how wrong he is."

"Serkan..." Eda hesitated. "Maybe it will be better if you drop me home and go to Artlife by yourself." 

Serkan looked at her, surprised. "Do you have something to do there? Can't you wait for me in Artlife? You can meet the team."

"I think we should not tell anyone in Artlife about us for a while." She shot, closing her eyes and waiting for his reaction.

"Ne?!" Serkan turned to Eda, completely shocked. "Don't you tell me you are ashamed to be spotted with me? Melo and Ceren already know."

"No, Serkan, don't be silly. But..." Eda didn't know how to tell him about her worries.

"But?" He cocked his brows, looking at her, and she avoided his gaze. "You've hired me for the spot of landscape architect without the interview I don't want people to think that I got the job because I'm dating the boss."

"Eda, this is ridiculous," Serkan answered a little irritated. He had trouble understanding where Eda took this stupid idea. "You are so talented. I hired you because of your skill, not because I wanted to ask you out. I would never do that." He assured her, but Eda still wasn't convinced. "Serkan, I know. But I want to prove myself first. Please. It will be no more than two o three weeks."

Serkan didn't like this idea at all.

"Please." Eda made puppy eyes at him.

"Don't look at me like that." He said, averting his gaze from her.