Chapter 2

Istanbul, ten weeks ago...

Eda left the store, hands loaded with packages. She tried to put the bag on her arm, but it slipped and dangled on her wrist. Eda entered the crossing when her phone started loudly ringing in her pocket, and she cursed herself for choosing that stupid sound. She tried to reach for it, but one of the packages slipped from her hand. When she bent to pick it up, the other two fell on the ground, and the strap of her shopping bag snapped, letting out all of its content.

"Great." Eda murmured. She was so absorbed in her task that she didn't hear a loud honk of a quickly approaching semi-truck.

"Look out!"

Eda heard a male voice shouting. She picked her head up, only to see huge lights just one meter from her face, and she closed her eyes, waiting for the hit. She felt a strong tug and found herself lying on the pavement in the tight embrace of someone's arms.

"Are you all right?"

Eda opened her eyes and met the gaze of the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. She couldn't tell their color. It turned from green to hazel and back to bluish-green. She knew who was the owner of these eyes. Eda had his picture in her room.

"You are Serkan Bolat, and you just saved me." She whispered, not realizing she had said it at loud.

Serkan Bolat looked deep into her eyes and gave her a big smile. Eda saw something lighting up in his gaze. She felt the blood rushing to her cheeks and fireworks exploding in her stomach.

"Yes to both." He smiled at her again. "Can you get up?"

Eda nodded. He stood up, gave her his hand, and lifted her from the ground. Eda felt a little weak in her knees. She didn't know if it was from the fall or Serkan Bolat's proximity. She swayed on her feet, and he caught her by the waist to steady her.

"Do you have any pain?" He asked with worry.

Eda looked again into his eyes, which pierced her trough with an intense gaze. His smell intoxicated her and made her dizzy. He was asking her something, but she couldn't comprehend his words as everything started spinning around her, and she fell into the darkness.

Serkan caught her just when he saw her eyes flutter shut. He scooped her in his arms, her head rested on his arm, and her beautiful face turned to his. He held her mesmerized, not able to take his eyes off her. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. Her face had perfectly craved features. Her full plum lips dared him to kiss them, and she had the longest eyelashes in the world that covered the pair in magnetic brown eyes. He was enchanted. She wasn't an ordinary girl. She was a fairy.

Who are you?

* * *

Eda opened her eyes and found herself sitting in the black sports car with an open roof. She had no idea how she got here. She remembered that she dreamed about meeting Serkan Bolat, and thought she was still dreaming because he was sitting next to her, looking at her with his mesmerizing eyes.

"It's such a nice dream." Eda murmured dreamily.

Something changed in his eyes, and he smiled slightly, making Eda's heart skip a beat.

"You're awake Peri kizi."

At his words, Eda realized that she wasn't dreaming, and indeed she was sitting with the real version of Serkan Bolat, most likely in his car. She sat up quickly, and he put his hand on her arm, making her jump under his touch.