The Ritual

"Tom, why don't you tell me more about yourself?" I wrote in the diary, "Tell me about the days when you were in school."

"My time in school was slightly horrendous, simply because of Dumbledore. He was always keeping his eyes on me, and never let me do what I could have achieved."

"I have a strong dislike for Dumbledore too but thankfully he only cares about his golden boy, Potter."

"Tell me more about this Potter you despise."

I frowned at that, not wanting to remind myself of Potter this summer but I will, only because Tom asked. I spent the whole day telling him about it all, how he always got away with dangerous stuff, how he played hero and saved the entire school, and his goons Granger and Weasley.

"Tom, what if I want you to be real? Can we do that?" I write as I await an answer.

"There is a ritual, would you help me Draco? Will you prove yourself to me?"

"Yes, without a doubt."

"Alright then. First find the darkest artefact of magic you can find. Second, I will need someone loyal like you for blood and thirdly, most important, I will need a soul to get attached to. Will you be my soul Draco? My other half. I swear to protect you from any harm and console you when you need it most."

That made my heart beat quicker, blood rushed to my cheeks and my knees felt weak. I agreed. Starting the process by stealing my father's ring, passed down from the Slytherin bloodline to his grandfather, Abraxas Malfoy for protecting it. I couldn't believe I was doing this, destroying the one thing father loved but it came with such a malicious thrill that I loved. It gave me power over him for once.

I laid out the book in front of me and put the ring on it. I took a knife and made a small cut on my palm, letting the dark red blood drop onto the artefact. I smiled.

Tom's pov

I felt it, the immense power that was pulling me out of my one home, the diary. I felt the spirit of loyalty and faithfulness. I wasn't even a mere hallucination anymore, I was real. Dark magic seeped off me and I found myself staring at a rather beautiful, petite boy. His aura was dark but innocently pure. This was Draco, he felt a strong connection to him, he was the soul of his other half. I looked into his striking grey eyes and from that moment on there was a promise of power made.