Old Fool

Tom's pov

I was walking through the courtyard because something had plagued my mind and I had to get it out of my head in some way. Draco and me. The kiss, it was supposed to mean nothing, I don't know why I did it but I did and now I'm in this trouble. My gaze landed on Draco leaning against a tree, his nose buried in a book. His blond hair was flowing in the wind. His fingers skimmed over the lines on the page of his book. Theo was beside him. I knew he was in safe hands so I could slip away. I let them be and made my way over to the common room when I was stopped by Snape. "Headmaster Dumbledore requires your presence in his office."

Oh jolly.

"He likes peppermint."

I say the password to the gargoyle and the stairs swirl as they lead me to the office. There I saw Potter and his goons standing, looking smug. I sneered at the sight of them and turned my attention to the old fool. "What do you want from me?" I ask bluntly getting to the point.

"Now my boy-

"I am not your boy!"

"Well then Mr.Riddle," He starts again.

"Wrong again, it's Lord Slytherin-Peverell." I retort with a smirk dancing on my lips.

The twinkle in Dumbledore's eye was gone now and the three Gryffindors beside me were seething.

"Would you like some peppermint candy canes Lord Slytherin?" He smiled barely keeping up with his fake act. "No, thank you," I replied politely and took a seat on one of the chairs in front of the man.

"I have called you here to discuss some grave concerns Tom. Harry here told me that you had been mastermind behind the prank that was pulled by the Slytherins on the Gryffindor common room. He also says that you have been acting suspicious as well. What do you have to say about it?" The manipulative scum asked, his posture changing from relaxed to alert.

"What is your proof that it was me and how am I suspicious?" I questioned

"Well Harry said so-

"Oh great, you listen and take orders from a twelve year old boy. "

"I'm fifteen!" Harry fights back.

"Then start acting like it." I retort which turns his face red and Weasley beside also gave the same reaction. Granger though was calm and composed, watching the interaction between them. Smart witch, better not say anything
Maybe she wasn't the know-it-all she was accused of being.

"What are these other suspicions that Mr.Potter has brought to your notice?" I ask emphasising the ravennets name.

"He- he was snogging Malfoy!" Harry bellowed. Hermione's gasp was heard through the room. "And pray tell how do you know that. I have only kissed Draco when we were all alone. Unless you were lurking behind us, spying. Which makes you the suspicious one here."

Potter let out a frustrated sigh and strode out of the room, the redhead following him. Granger though looked at me and apologised for their behaviour. She knew who I was, she knew she was muggleborn and she knew when to back off. I could use these qualities to my advantage.

"Well considering that our proof has just stomped out of the room, I shall take my leave too. Ms.Granger may I speak to you...in private." I asked and she nodded.

"Dumbledore is onto you." She says as soon as we are out of the fool's sight.

"I know I shouldn't talk to you but this is important. I have seen it, in your eyes, the way you look at Malfoy. Which means you are not a lost cause. I will help you if you help me get out of Harry and Ron's group." She finishes leaving me startled. I soon recover and use the power of leglimacy on her after asking permission. She was telling the truth, she had been tired of the way that the boys treated her and she would definitely be a wonderful addition to our group. So now I've got Caroline, Aria, Theodore, Draco, Hermione and all the Slytherins on my side. Not bad. But what did she mean by 'the way I looked at Draco?'