The Fall

Hermione's pov

Tom was looking at Draco with what can only be described as fondness. Tom had taken us to the library for research and Draco found a book he loved. He kept talking about it and Tom listened. They looked perfect together. After my and Tom's conversation, I sort of joined their group.

Right now I was looking at Aria. She was...pretty. Since I came to know more about her, I couldn't stop thinking of her. I know for a fact that I'm smitten because as she studied the book in front of her I just kept gazing at her focused expression. Caroline was making knowing eyes at me and throwing smirks all day. Aria as oblivious as she was, did not notice Caroline's or my strange behaviour.

Draco had apologised to me for his behaviour for the past years. I forgave him too because it was genuine and I knew he must have only done what his father did. Soon I saw Ron striding up to me and pulling my arm. The whole group stood up. "Hermione, what do you think you are doing? Hanging out with them, the snakes! Again? This is it, it's either me and Harry or them." He said growling.

"Well Ronald, that is very easy because I choose them. They don't call me a know-it-all behind my back and use me just to copy homework all the time!" My new friends looked at me with pride and at Ron with smugness.

"Ugh, you're just as filthy as them." He said and walked away.

"Are you okay?" Aria asked putting a hand on my arm. I nod blushing a bit. Now I noticed Tom eyeing and smiling at us too. 

Draco's pov

Draco's pov

After spending hours in the library, the moment finally came. Slytherin's quidditch match against the Gryffindors. I was ready and prepared this time. I won't let the snitch go, I won't let Potter win. The crowd over us cheered as Lee announced Slytherin's arrival. Gryffindors came next and got cheered more than us but that didn't back us down, we were used to it. We flew up into the sky readily. Madam Hooch began the game with a whistle. The game started really well. We scored the first goal, then the second and then the third. Three to zero, I was cheering the chasers and beaters on when I spotted the tiny flecked golden snitch. I went for it and dived in at the same time as Potter. We were both neck and neck. Almost...I reached out and my hand folded over the ball and then everything went black.

Pain shot through my body and I gasped awake. Tom plunged out of a chair nearby, where he had been holding my hand. Madam Pompfrey came running towards us in a hurry and checked me over. She gave me a potion and told me to lay back, Tom beside me looked stressed. There were dark circles under his eyes, his perfect hair was a mess and his face was very pale, he looked like he had gotten no sleep in days. There was a disappointed but worried look on his face as he stared at me.

I was scared to ask what had happened but I dared anyway. "What happened?"

"Congratulations, you caught the snitch," He snarked, "And took a bludger to the head at the same moment. You were out for eight days."

Merlin this was going to be bad. Tom must be hating me right now. "I'm sorry Tom," I said trembling a little because of the pain in my jaw and head.

"You fell thirty feet from the air! You crashed on the ground Draco. Looking at you, I and everyone thought you were dead! Dumbledore did nothing to help. I tried to and it only slowed your fall to the ground because I was too far off. Did you know how worried and terrified I was? You're not playing the next quidditch match." He said and stormed out. I got hold of the situation and tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I blinked them away.

"Finally! That boy has been in this room for eight days. Never got a wink of sleep." Madam Pomfrey said while putting fresh bandages on my arm which probably had scratches from the fall. Merlin, I didn't know this would happen, I was regretting everything. And most of all I don't know if Tom will talk to me again or at least for a while but that won't hurt any less.

Author's note-

There is going to be light side bashing. Ron will improve over time dw, and so will Harry. Dumbledore is getting bashed