Secrets - (Spencer Reid)

Imagine: Spencer is keeping you a secret from his team/family

Plus size reader, insecurities, kind of self doubt/hatred

You are the lovely partner of the BAU's resident genius, Spencer Reid. Ever since you met him, you've been head over heels. I mean, who wouldn't be? He's astoundingly smart, shy as a bunny, adorably sweet, and not to mention the fact that he is incredibly attractive.

Even though he's basically perfect in comparison to anyone else you know, he's never made you doubt yourself. You've never had to wonder why he was dating "someone like you" because in his eyes, you were perfect. And he made sure you knew that he thought so.

All of this is why you were so confused when his odd behavior started.

//

You and Spencer were cuddled up on the couch, watching some documentary of his choice. Well, you were more so watching his reactions as you found no interest in the topic.

It was a beautiful moment, Spencer's arm wrapped around you while his other hand was occupied with playing with your hair. You were so close to falling asleep in his lap when you heard the loud ringing of his phone on the table across from the couch.

"Reid." He says, voice low and sleepy.

You hear talking on the other side, but you can hardly make out the words they are saying. It sounded like a question of what Spencer was doing.

"Nothing, really. I'm just watching a documentary." Spencer says.

You were caught a bit off guard by his response. Why wouldn't he mention the fact that he was with his partner? You don't really have a reason to be offended. It wasn't technically a lie.... right?

You were too busy overthinking to eavesdrop on the person who's on the phone with Spencer, so you're shocked when he says,

"Sorry. I'm kind of busy tonight, maybe next time."

He then hangs up the phone, and you're left questioning yourself.

"Who was that?" You ask him.

"Oh, no one special. Just a friend from work," he replies, now fixated on the documentary once again.

"What did they want?" You ask, looking at him curiously.

"He wanted to know if I would go out with them to a bar tonight. I told him I was busy, though," he responds and smiles at your briefly before his eyes return to the screen.

"Well, I could've just gone with you if you wanted to go." You offer.

"Maybe some other time, darling. I'm really tired," he says with a yawn.

You fall asleep while overthinking. Questions run through your head, doubting yourself about your relationship with Spencer. Which is something you've never had to do before.

//

A week after the first incident, when you had nearly forgotten about the strange way he was acting, all of your insecurities returned due to another event.

You are going about your day at home, tidying things up while Spencer is at work when you notice something tucked underneath a jacket of his on the table. You pull it out with little effort and realize that it was a file of Spencer's that he must have forgotten.

You decided to call Spencer to inform him about it. Like the wonderful boyfriend he is, he picked up after only the first ring.

"Hey, what's going on? Is everything alright?" He asks you, a tinge of worry in his voice. You don't frequently call him while he's at work, not wanting to distract or annoy him while he's busy, so it's not a big surprise he assumes something may be wrong.