Chapter 25

River's P.O.V.

it's been a few days since we got back from LA. everything is going great with matt and i. im currently at the studio with elmer working on my new song enchanted.

"go ahead" he says and i start singing. "there i was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles same old tired, lonely place walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when i saw your face all i can say is, it was enchanting to meet you"

"your eyes whispered, "have we met?" 'cross the room your silhouette starts to make its way to me the playful conversation starts counter all your quick remarks like passing notes in secrecy"

"and it was enchanting to meet you all i can say is, i was enchanted to meet you, this night is sparkling, don't you let it go i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home i'll spend forever wondering if you knew i was enchanted to meet you"

"the lingering question kept me up 2 am, who do you love? i wonder 'til i'm wide awake and now i'm pacing back and forth wishing you were at my door i'd open up and you would say, "hey"

"it was enchanting to meet you all i know is, i was enchanted to meet you this night is sparkling, don't you let it go i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home i'll spend forever wondering if you knew that this night is flawless, don't you let it go"

"i'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone i'll spend forever wondering if you knew i was enchanted to meet you this is me praying that this was the very first page not where the story line ends my thoughts will echo your name, until i see you again"

"these are the words i held back, as i was leaving too soon i was enchanted to meet you please don't be in love with someone else please don't have somebody waiting on you please don't be in love with someone else please don't have somebody waiting on you"

"this night is sparkling, don't you let it go i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home i'll spend forever wondering if you knew this night is flawless, don't you let it go i'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone i'll spend forever wondering if you knew iwas enchanted to meet you" i finish.

i walk back to him and we finish editing the things we need. i stay over and talk to him for a little while until i get a text. i pull out my phone and open it. i go to texts and it is from alahna.

the dumb bitches🥴

alahna bae🤍
hey wanna
hang out with us?

river bae🤎
who is us?

alahna bae🤍
nate colin and i

river bae🤎
yeah sure where?

alahna bae🤍
meet us
at olive garden
read

i say my goodbyes to elmer and walk to my car. i get in and head to olive garden. i soon get there and they all walk over to my car. we all walk inside and get a table. i sit next to alahna.

the waiter comes over and he takes our order. he leaves and we make small talk about everything. we get our food and we eat. when we are done i get in my car and drive to alahna's house.

we are going to hang out there, alahna wants to watch tangled. when we get there we go in and alahna sets up the movie. she sits next to me and she covers up. she sits the popcorn on her lap and we watch the movie.

***

***

liked by RIVERSGF and 4,580 othersALAHNASGF:friends:)TAGGED//YABOYNATHAN, RIVERSGF, COLIN618

ALAHNASGF:friends:)
TAGGED//YABOYNATHAN, RIVERSGF, COLIN618

RIVERSGF:ily

YABOYNATHAN:good pasta
~ALAHNASGF:olive garden>>>

COLIN618:friends:)
~ALAHNASGF:🤞

SAINTNICK:i miss you
~ALAHNASGF:i miss you so much more

MERRYCHRISTMAS:guy from the mall?
~ALAHNASGF:yes chris

MATTYBRAPS:cute.
~SAINTNICK:not the period

USERNAME:i thought she was with matt
~ALAHNASGF:we are just friends

USERNAME:rolin>>>miver
~USERNAME:you don't have to ship her with everyone

USERNAME:i want that pasta
~ALAHNASGF:it was sooooo good

load comments

***

we finished the movie and i drove nathan and i home. when we get home i walk to my room. i grab matt's ransom hoodie and black nike spandex. i walk to my bathroom and take a shower.

when i'm done i let my hair air dry and put on my skincare. i walk back to my room and facetime matt. he sends me straight to voicemail. weird. i call nick instead.

"hey bestie" he says and i laugh. "hey" i say "have you talked to matt he won't answer me?" i ask him "he's right beside me" he says and shows him on the screen. "why didn't you answer me?" i ask him.

"i didn't want to" he says "wow dick much" i say "okay nick i've got to go love you" i say and hang up the phone. a few seconds later i'm getting a call from matt. i contemplate answering, but i do anyway.

i don't say anything, but he does. "riv i'm sorry" he says "why were you even like that?" i ask him "you pissed me off" he says "and how did i do that?" i question him.

"your post with colin" he says "matt i posted him as my friend nothing more, this is the first time i ever hung out with him and both alahna and nate were there" i say looking at him.

"i know i guess i just got jealous" he says and i smile. "oh i know" i say and he laughs. "mom wants us to come back to boston for a few days because she misses us so we will be there tomorrow" he says

"yay i miss you so much" i say "i miss you more" he says "i finished my new song, it's my favorite" i say "i can't wait to hear it" he says "i can't wait for you to hear it" i say

"i love you riv i'm going to bed we have to get up early" he says "i love you more" i say and hang up. i put my phone on the charger and decide to go to sleep as well. i lay down and soon fall asleep.