4 | ❝Perfect For Me❞ - Sunoo

╔══════════════════╗
KIM SUNOO
✎ iv. perfect for me
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. this is a regency era au!! picture jane austen or bridgerton type vibes ♡

"An engagement? To whom?" Your sister asked, her voice echoing with excitement

"An engagement? To whom?" Your sister asked, her voice echoing with excitement. She had always wished for you to get engaged so you wouldn't be as lonely.

"Kim Sunoo. It's not finalised yet, there's still discussion amongst mother and father whether to go through with it." You said, bored at just the thought of it all as you skimmed through your book page.

"You sound very excited." Your sister commented sarcastically, snatching the book from your hand so you couldn't distract yourself with it anymore.

"I saw him while they were talking about me. He looked like he hated the idea - I am sure I saw it right. They mentioned my name, and I looked at his face and he was so taken aback. It was like the thought of me disgusted him. Am I that bad?"

"Are you sure you saw it right?" Your sister asked, and you nodded. "But, I have heard so highly of him! I am sure he would not stand you up like that." She reassured.

"I am going to disappoint them all." You stated as if it was a given. And you should have sounded disappointed yourself, but you didn't. In some sense, you didn't care whether Kim Sunoo thought ill of you or not. Why would you need to please him?

"I am not you. I don't even compare to you, but they expect me to be as good as you or even surpass you." Your gaze drifted to the window. It was a dreary day, reflecting the situation you found yourself stuck in. The sun was nowhere to be found and the rain consisted of a slow dribble.

You should have been excited about an engagement. And to Kim Sunoo? Anyone would want to marry a son of the Kim's, especially Sunoo. You heard about how handsome he was practically everywhere you went. And you couldn't deny that he was handsome, from the 3 times you had spotted him from afar.

But this situation felt as if you were riding off of your sister's back, and you hated it. If you got this attention, just from being related to your sister, it seemed obvious to you that you would manage to disappoint many people. The last thing you wanted was for your husband to not love you, or even hate you. The thought itself was somewhat horrifying.

Your sister had all kinds of charms that you did not. She was pretty, reputable, and handled people with grace and ease. It was no wonder she got engaged to the best man out there - Jake Sim.

You were plain as ever, awkward, and always seeming to give off the wrong impression. You were judging towards people naturally, and they judged you back without a second thought.

The qualities you did have were overlooked by most, your flaws standing out to everyone in a jarring manner. No one seemed to care about your wit, or your love of having conversations about almost any topic. You were expected to stay quiet and look pretty.