6 | ❝Warmth❞ - Jay

╔══════════════════╗
PARK JONGSEONG
✎ vi. warmth
╚══════════════════╝

It was the coldest day of the year - that's what the weather forecast told you anyway

It was the coldest day of the year - that's what the weather forecast told you anyway. And when you woke up from your blissful sleep, you immediately felt the chill in your entire body. You were practically shivering, even with the warm blankets that you were snuggled under.

You first looked outside the window, and just managed to conclude that it was snowing (which you expected). It was still dark out, and you were still tired, so you decided that going back to sleep was a far more appealing option than getting up.

You looked to your side where your boyfriend was still dozing peacefully, and rolled over to him. You wrapped your arms around Jay's waist carefully, relishing the warmth his body brought to you.

You didn't care if you woke him up, and he wouldn't care either, so you didn't hold back in hugging him tightly. You heard a sigh from him as he started to stir, his hands wandering down to yours and lacing his fingers with yours. He shifted slightly, and turned over so he was facing you, his eyelashes fluttering open.

"Good morning..." He whispered, eyes searching your face as all kinds of warm and comfortable feelings of love filled his entire body. He still couldn't believe that you were his girlfriend. How freaking lucky had he gotten?

His hands clasped onto yours a bit tighter, his thumbs softly rubbing circles over your knuckles, and you savoured the small touch. A small smile took over his features, like he was thinking of something happy, and it caught your curiosity.

"What are you thinking?" You asked softly, shifting a bit closer to his face.

"Hmm... Guess what?" His smile grew a bit more, the small dimple on the side of his face showing itself for the first time in a while.

"What?"

"I love you."

You smiled - the same smile that Jay adored, the same smile that made him fall in love with you. "I love you too." Promptly after you said that, you shivered again.

"Cold?" Jay asked, looking at you with a mixture of fondness and concern. You just nodded fervently, wrapping the blankets around you tighter. Jay laughed, muttering something about you being cute. He scooted over, closing the small space that was between you two so he could wrap his arms around your shivering figure to give you some of his body warmth.

"You should go back to sleep, babe. It's way too early..." He mumbled, pressing soft kisses on your head.

"You're probably tired too." You hugged him a bit tighter, relaxing now that you were warm. He hummed in response, smiling as his kisses started to slowly trail down your face. You stopped him once he reached your temple, cupping his cheeks with your hands, and he smiled widely, staring down at you with loving eyes.

You giggled, "Your dimple..." You leaned in and kissed it softly, giving Jay the warmest feelings of your love for him.

"I love you so much." He said again, not giving you time to say it back before he kissed you on the lips. He rested his head on your chest, letting you run your hands through his hair until you both drifted off to sleep again.