15 | ❝Calm In The Storm❞ - Jungwon

╔══════════════════╗
YANG JUNGWON
✎ xv. calm in the storm
╚══════════════════╝

"It's supposed to rain tonight— are you sure you don't want me to walk you back now? We can end the study session early

"It's supposed to rain tonight— are you sure you don't want me to walk you back now? We can end the study session early." Jungwon asked from the doorway. You were seated at his desk, filling in a practice test for your chem class.

"No, it's fine. I want to finish this." You replied without even glancing away from the page, careful to not disrupt your perfect flow of concentration. After weeks of review and studying, the questions were finally making sense, and you wanted to be sure to get at least a 90% right on the practice test before the real thing in 2 days.

Jungwon wanted to insist, but he also didn't want to interrupt you. The forecast really was calling for rain, a thunderstorm even. He didn't like the thought of you walking back home in those conditions, even if it was just a couple blocks away. But, you were also so cutely focused on the piece of paper in front of you, flipping your pencil around to erase and adjust the model of an atom you were drawing.

Jungwon, in general, was timid, and maybe a little bit of a pushover. This definitely showed when he was around you, to the extent that his friends Jake and Sunghoon said that he was positively whipped for you. A little crush was all he was willing to admit to, but deep down he knew he was willing to do practically anything you asked. He liked to see the smile on your face when your plans worked out.

He liked to see you smile because of him.

Jungwon went back into the kitchen to finish cutting up apples as a snack. He knew you were prone to forget to eat when you were focused on something. It was these little habits that he loved to take note of and try to help with.

He arranged the slices of apple with care, lips pursed as he looked at the plate. Then he shook his head and started to rearrange them again before he was satisfied. He was quiet walking back to his bedroom where you were working, making sure that if something broke your concentration, it wouldn't be him.

You smiled and mumbled a small thank you as he placed the plate down— a reaction that Jungwon would never get tired of. As you sighed and stretched your arms to work out the aches from sitting for hours, you first noticed that the apples were arranged in a heart shape around the plate, and that there was a small dollop of peanut butter in the centre of the heart.

"You're so cheesy..." You whispered with an amused scoff as you bit into the piece of apple.

Jungwon's lips turned up into a giddy smile hearing your whispered comment, but he tried to hide it behind his phone. The room became quiet as you went back to studying and Jungwon started to scroll through his phone on the bed.

You quickly lost track of time as you went back to your notes, and Jungwon slowly dozed off when he got tired of looking at his phone. You finished studying for science and decided to review your unit in social studies before finally calling it a day.