12 | ❝Angels❞ - Heeseung

╔══════════════════╗
LEE HEESEUNG
✎ xii. angels
╚══════════════════╝

You sighed, eyelids fluttering shut from the boredom

You sighed, eyelids fluttering shut from the boredom. Your job was so repetitive. Look at someone's life, add up their crimes, decide whether they deserved to be sent up the stairs or fall down the pit. It was suffocating sitting on your seat every hour of every day, looking at the same landscape that you had known since the beginning of existence.

You had never had any problem with your job before. It was important enough, and as the head angel, who else would do it but you? But you started to wonder if you really needed to be the one for the task. These thoughts had been repeating in your head for days now, giving you plenty of time to think it through.

"Heeseung." You murmured, gathering the attention of the lower angel who always stood guard by your stairs. He looked up and upon seeing you motion him to come up, he quickly proceeded up the stairs.

"Yes, my angel?"

"You've been down to Earth, right?" You asked. You found it ridiculous how you had been around since the start of time, yet you had yet to see that fascinating planet in person. You had your looking globe to see how the little habitat for humans was doing, but you had never really seen it.

Heeseung nodded, "I've been there many times."

"Is it easy to visit?" Came your next question. You watched the angel furrow his brows, quickly coming to the conclusion that you were implying. You knew he would oblige you. He always did. That was what you liked most about Heeseung. He may not have been as glamorous as some of the higher angels, but he listened to you, really listened.

"Do you wish to go down?" He asked quietly, hesitant to raise his voice even though you were the only two people in the alcove.

"Don't you think it would be... fun?" You pressed, resting your chin in your hand as you raised your eyebrows a little at the angel.

"I suppose... Are you bored here?" He questioned and it made you smile. He was always so observant of you even when you thought he wasn't paying attention.

"Very. This place never changes. Nothing exciting ever goes on. The most entertainment I get is seeing a particularly gruesome human come and beg to be sent up just to be thrown off the edge. That's rather sadistic of me, isn't it?"

Heeseung chuckled, "Your job is one of the most boring. But it is also the most important. Are you sure you want to leave your post?" He asked. From his eyes you could tell what his actual message was. Will I get in trouble if you're not supposed to do this and I let you?

"I'll take full responsibility." You assured him, a charming smile taking over your features and Heeseung's breath became unsteady.

Heeseung had never felt this before. It was new, and different, but most importantly, Heeseung knew it wasn't allowed. Heeseung had witnessed the phenomenon of human emotions firsthand many times. They were passionate and angry and they loved. Angels were only meant to do their job. They had no need for feeling.