14 - Reunion

Ti'ywan saw her family's Ikrans from the sky and landed immediately barrel-rolled to get off Pukk, leaving him confused. She rushed in from the beach only to be stopped by the clan's warriors. Her ears were as flat as they could be and her fangs were ready to sink into their throats if they held her back any longer. She proudly towered over some of the warriors, successfully intimidating them. She was so close to reuniting with her family... and here they were blocking her from doing so. 

"Let me through! I have to see them!"

She tried to push through and they cut her arm with a spear. She snarled aggressively at them. Some of them backed off slightly as her cry echoed through the beach, gaining the attention of many onlookers. She unsheathed her knife, done with everything.

"What the hell is going on?!"

Tonowari and his mate walked up to them, justly concerned after what they heard. They pushed past the guards and faced the young girl. Ronal protectively snarled at the girl, who snapped back at her even louder. The Metkayina leader raised his eyebrows, taken aback by the girl's fierceness. He felt familiarity in the girl's attitude, reminding him of when the Sullys arrived and Neteyri acted akin to her now. Ronal then grabbed her hand and looked at it quickly before Ti'ywan slapped her away.

"It's the daughter, let her in"

The two exchanged growls as Ronal turned around and went back. Tonowari welcomed her calmly unlike his spouse and showed respect to the young warrior before leading her to the village. Ti'ywan barely listened to what he had to say as she frantically looked around for her family. It didn't go unnoticed by him and he reassuringly put his hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down, we are almost there"

She lowered her ears, embarrassed by her loss of composure and he chuckled. On their way to the Sullys, they met Ao'nung and Tsireya, who were shocked to see another person from the forest.

"Father, who is this?"

Ao'nung was the first one to question her presence in the village, yet oblivious to her identity. Ti'ywan gave him a side-eye, feeling a bit of hostility from the boy.

"This is Ti'ywan, Jake Sully's eldest daughter, she is just as welcome as the rest of the Sully family, so show her the same respect"

Tsireya's eyes lit up at her father's words, immediately jumping towards the newcomer and gently taking hold of her hands.

"Hi! I'm Tsireya, nice to meet you, I hope we can become good friends"

Ti'ywan adored Tsireya's attitude and gave her hands a light squeeze.

"Thank you for welcoming me and looking after my family, I believe we will get along well"

"Father, may I come with you? I want to see their reactions when they Ti'ywan, it will surely be priceless"

He chuckled and gave her a nod of approval. Ti'ywan got the impression that Tonowari must be pretty stern with his children but loves them very much, just like Jake. She wondered if it was because they both had to be great leaders to their people or if they were just the same personality-wise. As anxiety left her, Ti'ywan began to look more carefully around the areas they were walking through, finally being able to appreciate the scenery. The sun and gentle wind made for a soothing atmosphere as the waves softly splashed below them.

"Ti'ywan, wait here, I'll go get them to come outside"

It seems they have arrived at her family's lodging. The anticipation grew within Ti'ywan and turned into excitement unlike into anxiety previously. She heard their voices from inside and her eyes shimmered as she was unable to contain her smile. Tsireya caught on and patted her back in a comforting manner.

"Just tell us what the surprise is, Tonowari, this is weird"

Jake was looking back at the chieftain while exiting their home while Neytiri silently followed them.

"Nah Jake Sully, it has to be a surprise, I'm looking forward to the amusing face you'll make"

"Oh come o-"

He stopped dead in his tracks when he looked in front of him at last. The air suddenly felt heavy as he struggled to regain his breathing when he saw Ti'ywan. Ti'ywan gave him a teethy smile while tearing up. He hugged her tightly, afraid to let go. Neytiri ran to them and took her daughter's face into her hands, making sure it was truly her, before breaking down into tears as well. Jake gave her some room so she could join in on the hug and she did, hugging her just as hard.

The onlookers of the reunion were grinning their ears off, enjoying the warm feeling they exuded.

"Mom, dad, I finally found you, it was hard, but I did it"

Jake shut his eyes and embraced them both even harder.

"You did great, babygirl, I'm so proud of you"

"Ti'ywan, my daughter, I love you so much"

They stayed that way for a few more minutes as her parents were chanting loving words to her over and over again, reassuring not only Ti'ywan but themselves as well.

"The great Toruk Makto has a soft side to him too huh"

Tonowari let out a snarky remark to calm them down so they could sit down and let their daughter tell them about her journey. Jake chuckled and silently acknowledged it, letting go of his wife and daughter. Just like Neytiri, he cupped Ti'ywan's face and looked into her eyes.

"I see you"

Ti'ywan smiled and pressed her forehead against her father's.

"I see you too, father, mother"

"Wait, Why are you injured?"

Jake grabbed his daughter's arm which had a cut on it before eyeing Tonowari for an explanation. Tonowari gave him a guilty smile before Ti'Ywan quickly explained it.

"I tried to force my way into the village..."

"She was fierce, even the guards were slightly scared, I was impressed, she also growled at Ronal"

Neytiri proudly puffed up her chest at those words and Jake sighed at both of their attitudes.

"Ti'ywan, be more respectful next time"

"I'm sorry"

She raised her shoulders and lowered her ears apologetically while Neytiri retrieved a cloth from inside and bandaged her wound. Jake let it go for now and just enjoyed the fact that he had his daughter back with him, safe and sound-ish. They hugged one more time before Tsireya jumped in, wanting to show Ti'ywan off to her siblings, who were sure to be just as shocked as her parents.

"Come on, let's go find your brothers and sisters, they are on the beach"

She tugged on Ti'ywan's arm impatiently as they both chuckled. Ti'ywan looked back at her parents for approval. 

"Let's talk later,  babygirl, go find them"

With that, Ti'Ywan broke into a sprint and Tsireya had a hard time catching up with her.