15 - Gloomy siblings

"Come on, they are right over there"

They arrived at the beach. Neteyam was play-fighting with Lo'ak, messing with him as always. Tuk was swimming around the shore, playing with an Ilu and Kiri was watching the fish in the water. Ti'ywan felt an incredible sense of relief when she saw them all healthy and happy.

Tsireya then pushed her to hide behind a palm tree and called them all over there. All four hesitantly walked up to Tsireya, contemplating if they were ready for her shenanigans.

"So you mentioned your big sister a few times in past, can you tell me more about her please?"

They all frowned at the mention of their sister. They wished she was here, telling the stories about her and them herself. The happy mood that was present just a few moments ago was long gone and Tsireya knew. She smirked and confused them even more.

"Look at you all gloomy, what would your sister say, hmm?"

She crossed her fin-like arms, keeping her mischievous expression.

"I'd scold them, they are so gloomy despite being in such a beautiful place with an amazing tribe that welcomed them with open arms"

Ti'ywan proclaimed loudly, coming out of her hiding spot behind a rock.

All four were speechless as Lo'ak knocked the air out from her lungs with a hug. Kiri and Tuk just slowly approached her while crying. Neteyam watched with a warm smile as his three younger siblings hugged their older sister to death. Feeling like he belongs in the distance, as an observer.

"What are you doing Teyam, come give me me a hug too!"

Neteyam chuckled, reminded by his sister about her love for all of them, him including. He joined the group hug and Ti'ywan pressed her forehead against his. It was as if she knew the troubles they went through after losing her. As if she knew the stress and responsibility placed on his shoulders doubled when she was gone. They embraced their sister in a rather quiet hug, except Kiri's and Tuk's sobs. They didn't want to let go of her, afraid she wasn't actually here and they were perhaps dreaming. Her abduction was the first time any of them were separated for more than a day.

When sadness left them with the tears they cried, excitement took its place and they pulled her towards the water. Wanting to share their newfound love for the water, they pulled her along into the reef. Ti'ywan was wary of the unfamiliar element, but once she saw the beauty below the surface, it took her breath away. Literally. She resurfaced and coughed up the water she breathed in from amazement. Her siblings and Tsireya chuckled, reminiscing about the first time they saw the underwater reef and its beautiful corals.

They gave her some time to get used to the movements before taking her to a rock to practice breathing. Tsireya, in her calm voice, tood the story of tye water and explained once more how to take a proper breath, so Ti'ywan could last at least as long as her siblings underwater.

Although she faced some difficulties at first, she managed to get the hang of it quite fast and last underwater much longer than even Kiri. Although she did have a size advantage over her siblings, it was still impressive for Tsireya how quickly she adapted to holding her breath.

-----------------------------------

"Now I know it might be painful to remember, but I need you to tell me what they did to you"

Jake softly rubbed his eldest daughter's shoulder, trying to get her to talk about her time at the human headquarters. Not only could she have crucial information about their operation but probably a trauma and they need to know.

"I'm telling you dad, I'm fine"

"Stop telling me you're fine and tell me what happened during your stay with the Colonel"

She rolled her eyes, unable to avoid the questioning. Jake immediately frowned at the attitude she was giving him.

"Ti'ywan, start talking"

"Alright I will talk"

Jake's expression relaxed and he let go of her, leaning back against the hut's walls. Ti'ywan smiled at him and started talking.

"My favourite weapon undoubtedly has to be the knife or a bow, though I do prefer a the bow for several reasons, oh and a controversial weapon that I enjoyed using against the sky people, were my teeth, through I must s-"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm talking like you told me to"

She grinned, showing off her pearly whites. Jake grabbed his head in frustration. It has been a while since had to deal with her and his resistance to her teen savagery has lessened. Neytiri chuckled, enjoying the chaotic exchange between her mate and her daughter. It reminded her of simpler times.

"Dad, I'll tell you, but promise not to get mad"

"That makes it sound like I am most likely going to get mad because of what you're going to tell me"

"Well yes, uhm no? Possibly?"

He sighed and braced himself.

"Alright, start talking, for real this time, no loop holes"

"Yes sir"

She took a deep breath, stalling for time as she thought about where she should start with her story. In the end she decided to go from the very beginning.

"So before you came to our rescue with mom and Neteyam, I managed to free Tuk and instruct her to hide, which Quarritch did not appreciate and I got shot in the leg"

Neytiri jumped at her daughter and seized her legs, checking them for the wound.

"Mom, stop, it's been a while, It's all healed, they treated it for me, now let me continue"

The mother nodded and slowly sat down next to her mate, who comfortingly put his left arm around her.

"After you left...like I told you to, they found Spider and we got picked up by a helicopter, at the base we both went through an interrogation machine but gave them nothing, though it didn't stop them, Quarritch did his best to limit the time I had to spent being tortured by them, the sky people quickly became fond of Spider, so he had no problems with walking around as he pleased, Quarritch and his team took us on many missions to find you, dad, but I knew you weren't in the forest anymore, I tried escaping several times but failed and they imprisoned me for it as a punishment, until Quarritch let me out because we made a deal that I'd behave and not escape until we found you"

Jake laughed when he realised what happened.

"You escaped anyway, didn't you?"

"Hell yeah, I'm not playing by his rules, the moment I got a chance, I bailed out"

"That's my girl"