06 | FOE

Aadhya's POV

Have I mentioned how beautiful St. T's library is? The 3 storey building stood right in the heart of the campus surrounded by all the departments around it. There are a multitude of genres provided, and each one has a broad array of books. The aesthetics are to die for as well! It is absolutely stunning, I can easily imagine myself residing in this library.

So here I am peacefully studying for an upcoming class test in fashion marketing. It has been more than a week since the movie night we had at our place. After fighting with that insolent jerk in the cafe, who also drove us in his Mercedes which I wasn't surprised about, we went to our apartment. But I also got to know that Reyhaan and Dhruv were paternal cousins.

Firstly, it is very surprising that he agreed to it and he is so nice to Anaya. Like he agrees everything to what she says or does but with me he argues and comments on everything I do. Like the other day when we were at the cafe, we fought over a muffin. Literally a MUFFIN!

Flashback starts

"Sorry there is only one chocolate muffin left" the barista informs us, leaving the plate in his hand on the table.

I moved forward to pick the muffin up but it was snatched by reyhaan.

"Dude what are you doing?" I ask raising my eyebrows

He shrugs and says as if I'm dumb "can't you see I'm eating a muffin"

"You can't because that muffin is mine" I snatch it from his hand

"No it is not" he snatched it back. He is really annoying

"Yes it is mine because I ordered it first" I say emphasizing on the word first

We argue, snatching the muffin for a few more minutes when Dhruv interrupts us "Stop fighting like kids, they honestly are better. If you keep snatching it then the only muffin left will fall down or crumble making sure none of you get it. Just divide it into 2 halves and eat it up."

Flashback ends

Our fights have become so silly day by day.

I break out of my thoughts when I notice Sid waving his hand at me. Waving back at him I see Sid pulling Reyhaan's shirt and saying something that makes him look at me and roll his eyes. Rude. But he nonetheless walks towards me along with Dhurv and Sid.

"Hi" I whisper with a smile, once they make it to my table.

Dhruv and Sid whisper "Hi" and Reyhaan gives his usual nod.

"No class?" I whisper as they nod in negative saying no.

Sid sits next to me and asks"What are you doing?" I show the cover page of my book in response to which he shows a thumbs up. Reyhaan and Dhruv sit opposite to me and Sid respectively, with that we all get back to studying.

***

"Reyhaan, what a surprise to see you here?" Our peaceful, two hour studying session is uninterrupted by an unfamiliar voice. Annoyed, I look up to find a guy standing next to Reyhaan.

I turn my head to see Sid who looks rather angry and alarmed and then I look at Dhruv who is mimicking the same expression as Sid, which is quite odd. Resting my eyes on Reyhaan who clenches his jaw, trains his eyes on my macbook. Without looking up he says "What do you want?"

The guy smirks, resting his hand on Reyhaan's shoulder he replies "Nothing, just wanted to spend time with my best buddy"

Reyhaan brushes that guy's hands off his shoulder and looks up at him and says gritting out his teeth "Fuck off"