EPILOGUE

7 years later

"Here's your green tea" Ritu gives me the cup before settling down on a chair opposite to me "According to the meeting we had today, I've made some notes and Shefali ma'am wanted a sketch of the marketing strategy"

It has been 7 and a half years since Reyhaan and I started dating. It feels like forever but sometimes it also feels like it happened just yesterday. It feels surreal. We've come a long way and I wouldn't say it has been a piece of cake. We've had our fair number of fights, arguments and even misunderstandings but it is much less than the love, trust and friendship between us. For instance, we've mainly fought over not having time for each other. It is normal and very given because we are a part of a very demanding industry. I remember so many dinners or lunches that have been interrupted by numerous phone calls which to be honest has annoyed the fuck out of us but as professionals its not easy to avoid it. We got over these fights only by understanding and giving each other space and time which I don't mean getting a break. Instead just letting the other person breathe and give them room to make you understand what they are going through.

I am incredibly thankful for Reyhaan. With the increase in workload, I've been going through some difficulties in terms of my mental health. There are times when I cry without a reason, I can't explain it because I don't understand it myself. But Reyhaan is extremely patient and so so understanding. God knows what I'd have done without him. Sometimes I feel I don't appreciate him enough, because how many ever times I thank god for giving him to me it is never enough. He is a gem. The most precious gem that I will treasure forever.

So all in all my love life has been completely eventful and just perfect.

After graduating from St. Ts, I directly went for my masters in New York's Parson University. I always knew I wanted to get either my UG or PG done in PU. After Reyhaan graduated he worked until I graduated because of MBA requirements, and after that he did his MBA in NYU. Dhruv, Anaya and Neel studied at NYU as well. While Aditi took a gap year and after that she did her masters in London along with Utkarsh and Rishi.

In New York we rented a 3 bedroom apartment. So wherever we went, there was someone for company. We were never alone and our bond has stayed intact. I decided to stay in Bangalore after my graduation. It was a little difficult with my brothers, because obviously I was basically moving out almost permanently. After living 5 years away from my father, I couldn't live with him again.

I know it sounds perfect. Like a dream or a Christmas movie. Just saying it aloud makes it feel so unreal and dreamlike but trust me it is true. I'm extremely grateful that God has been so kind to me and to all of us.

In New York I started working for Ralph Lauren and when I decided to move back, I somehow managed to secure myself a position here in Bangalore.

In Bangalore I worked under Shehnaaz, one of the most incredible fashion designers I've known and there has been so much I learnt in 3 years but unfortunately she decided to move cities. Therefore her position was free and because she has been like a parent and teacher she referred my name for the senior fashion designer. After rounds of interviews, half a year back I got promoted. Reyhaan was more happy and proud than I was. His entire family celebrated my achievement.

Back to the present, Ritu is the junior fashion designer who started off as an intern. 

"With the increase in social media influence, I think there is no better platform that will help us. Nowadays there are many social media stars and people are actually crazy about them even though they aren't actually doing any movies or anything. Just by showing their day to day activities and posting a few clips, they've created some impressive fanbase. We need to find some influencers, who can pull off the sophisticated, classy and old-money aesthetic. If we find them, then we can collaborate with them along with well-established celebrities" I explain Ritu, who grows more enthusiastic hearing my strategy, which honestly is quite basic if you ask me.