32 | SOLACE

A/N: Important - please do check the author's note at the end

Aadhya's POV

"I see everyone has gained a kg or two after eating too much home food" Our entrepreneurship professor says making the entire class laugh "Including myself" He then adds making everyone laugh louder

I spent most of my holidays with my brothers. We went to Dubai and I'm pretty sure by the end of the trip I managed to empty my brother's bank account.

Just kidding

Or not

Ever since my brothers turned 18 and were perfectly capable of taking care of me mom almost stopped her vacations with us. I miss her but she doesn't miss me as much to leave my dad behind.

The last two days were at home with mom and all I hoped was for everything to go smoothly before I returned back to college. But little did I know God had other plans for me.

The last day of my stay there, my brothers were out the entire day due to some official work while my mum went out to do her thing. I was alone at home or I thought I was.

Brushing those thoughts away, I concentrate on the class.

The rest of my day I had continuous class, so only once it got over I get to meet my friends. I missed them so much and I hate to admit that I missed that one person more whom I particularly thought wouldn't mean so much to me.

"Guys it's been a long time let's do a games night" Rishi suggests as we all sit in our usual café. Aditi is the first one to raise hand as she says excitedly "I'm down for it"

"But where?" Utkarsh ponders to which Anaya smacks the back of his head "our apartment where else?"

We slowly start leaving for our home but I don't miss the little eye-contact between Anaya and Dhruv, making me wonder when they will confess. We carpool to the apartment and as soon as we do I say "Guys I'll freshen up and be back"

Once I'm done with my business in the bathroom, I step into the room wearing my usual shorts and tee. I use the towel in my hand to wipe my damp face and while doing so I suddenly hear my phone ringing. I pick my phone from the bed to see it's a call from an unknown number.

I answer the call "Hello"

There is no reply from the other side so I check my phone and it shows the call is still active. Weird.

"Anyone there?" I ask again

"You don't have my number sweetheart" Some guy states and I sense a odd familiarity in the voice. When I think harder I realize that he isn't just anyone. It's Rohan. I deleted his contact.

"What do you want?" My voice turns rigid without any emotions as I clutch my phone tighter. Why calling now? Months later?

He only lets out a laugh as he asks "Can't I call you without any reason?"

"No" I reply bluntly, making it very obvious that I'm least interested in having any sort of contact with him.

He sighs loudly "I miss you. I want you back. I want us back"

How pathetic can he be?

"You don't miss me. You miss a toy to play with. There's a reason why I don't have your contact and it's because I don't ever want to talk to you or have any sort of link to you. So never ever call me again" I cut the call, not giving him a chance to say anything.

I can feel my heart racing faster while my mind is clouding with a messy train of thoughts. Rohan. My dad. Their words. Fearing to be a disappointment. Failing.