42 | FIXATED

Reyhaan POV

I ring the doorbell of their house and in a few seconds Aditi opens the door

"Hii Reyy, how are you?" She asks while hugging me

I return the gesture "Good, and you?"

"Same same"

I move towards the living room and settle on the couch beside Anaya who is very furiously typing something on her laptop.

"Hi?"

She doesn't give a glance and while focusing on the screen she says "Don't disturb"

Amused, I don't say anything and look around for others or more like just one person. Just then suddenly I hear Anaya scream. My eyes widen and my neck immediately snaps towards her who rather looks elated

"I'm done with my component! Fucking finally" She exclaims while closing her laptop and keeping it aside.

Rolling my eyes I go back searching for Aadhya as I comment "Good for you"

Flashing all her teeth she replies "I know, good for me"

I hear footsteps coming from the kitchen instead of Aadhya Aditi coming out, making me sigh with a tinge of disappointment.

"I'm just as pleased to see you as you are to see me" She comments sarcastically while sitting

I roll my eyes again but this time at Aditi of course.

Anaya clears her throat, grabbing my attention "So, I've been meaning to talk to you for quite some time. Actually Aditi and I both want to talk to you"

I raise my eyebrows as I skeptically draw out "okay"

"Are you gonna finally gather your balls and ask Aadhya out?" Aditi says straightforward

My eyes widened, feeling a little taken aback by their sudden request. I wonder what gave it away. Before I can come up with something to say I hear chattering noises from the balcony. I look in that way and I find Sid, Dhruv, Neel, Rishi and Utkarsh standing in a circle with Aadhya in the middle.

She looks quite uncertain and the boys are talking through it, more like convincing her. I wonder what's happening.

"Are you sure?" I ask without beating around the bush

"We are certain" Anaya reassures

I sigh looking at my interlocked hands "It's just I don't want to ruin what I have with her right now. She's too precious for me"

"And what if she is waiting because she thinks you don't feel the same way" Anaya asks

"Does she?"

"She has not told me anything yet, but I'm sure-" I interrupt her "Exactly my point, you don't know anything for certain. Everyone is just assuming it, and let's say I actually do go for it but it turns out she doesn't feel the same. What happens then? It'd get so weird and awkward. It wouldn't be the same. More than that, she'd start restricting herself. She wouldn't talk to me so freely, her body language would change. "

They look at each other, worry and concern pooling their eyes.

It's not like I've never thought of asking her out. Because believe me that's the only thing that goes around my brain 24/7. I wake up with the thought of asking her out but the anxious part of my brain kicks in and restricts me to do so.

Every inch of my body is yearning to be able to call her mine openly. With no fear or hesitation about what if it's not true. But somehow I put a brake on everything, I hold myself back.