11 | OVERBEARING

Aadhya's POV

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 39A to Mumbai. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes. Thank you."

I hear the announcement made and immediately call my brother to inform him that I will be boarding the flight in another 10 minutes.

Exams are finally over and we have vacation for 3 days so I'm going back home to meet my family. Honestly the break is only for three days so I told Ahaan bhai that I'll stay here itself but he was pretty adamant about me coming home.

After the break, we are going to Manali for a college trip and I am so excited about it!! We are gonna do camping and stuff but the best part is that we all are gonna stay together. I'm gonna finally have my yeh jawani hain deewani moment. 

Anaya isn't coming home, as she said it would be more sensible to just stay back which I fully agree with. Anyway here I am boarding the flight so it doesn't matter if it is sensible or not.

After one hour forty minutes, I finally land and after collecting my suitcase I walk towards the exit gate. I'm about to dial Ahaan bhai's number but he calls me first

"Hi have you reached? Where are you?" he asks

"Bhai I'm waiting near the exit gate" I reply

"I'm there only where are you? I-I think I saw you.yeah look towards your left" he instructs me and I do turn and find him waving his hand with a huge ass grin on his face.

He takes his shades off and walks forward meeting me halfway engulfing me in a tight warm hug. I've missed this so much! "Gosh I've missed you so much"

"I missed you too Aadhya" he replies

"Now don't be too emotional, let's go home. I'm super tired and hungry" I say sheepishly

He takes my suitcase and we walk towards his car. After an hour or so we finally reach home, during the entire ride we catch up about everything that has happened in the past few days.

I walk to the entrance door to find my mother, standing with a huge grin on her face and tears are also slowly pooling in her eyes.

"Hi Maa" I say softly with a smile and wrap my arms around her, pulling her for a hug. "I missed you so much" I murmured against her shoulders. She unwraps her hands and pulls away from the hug.

I find tears rolling down her cheeks "Hi Aadhu I missed you too. You seem to have lost too much weight. You haven't been eating properly" She starts rambling and peppers some kisses on my face.

"Oh god maa you're too much" Ahaan bhai comments making the both of us laugh.

They say I'm the younger version of my mom and I guess it is true. I've inherited her brown thick hair or the brown eyes except for my height. That is the only thing I've gotten from dad and to be frank I don't want to inherit anything else from him. Because what am I gonna get anyway huh? his arrogance or pride or temper. 

Putting those thoughts away, I walk inside our big home. We shifted here about seven years back, before which we used to live in an apartment but both my brothers wanted a bigger home. Our 6 bedroom mansion came with a home theater and a separate living room. There is an office room as well.

They went super extravagant with the house. 

As I walk inside, I find my older brother sitting in the living room with his legs on top of each other and yelling on top of his voice over the phone.