tom comforts you after a bad day at work

Walking through the door with a sniffle and a sigh, you placed your bag on the floor toeing off your shoes right next to it. You made a beeline for the kitchen, reaching straight for the wine glasses as you felt the first of many tears fall down your face. As soon as the glass was full of your favorite type of wine, you heard the sound of your boyfriend's footsteps heading toward you.

"Hey baby," Tom greeted walking into the kitchen behind you, "how'd the case go?" You sniffled once more before letting your head hang in front of you as you cried, trying your best to hold in any loud sobs that wanted to escape your mouth. Tom's eyes widened as he watched your shoulders shake before quickly making his way to your side. He pulled on your waist turning you around to let you bury your head into his chest to cry.

"Shh," he cooed at you, holding you against him tightly, rocking you gently while rubbing your back. He was 100 percent sure that his makeup was covered in mascara, but he couldn't bring himself to care as his heart broke at the sounds of your broken breaths and sobs. He pressed kisses to your hairline as he whispered sweet nothings in your ear to help calm you.

"It was terrible," you croaked out, once your breath evened out, "I lost and I know my client didn't do it. I'm a failure and now he has to sit in jail and-"

"Hey hey hey, you are not a failure," he interrupted, cupping your cheek to make you look at him.

"It feels like it Tommy," you whimpered, grabbing at his shirt.

"But I promise you are not. How many cases have you lost since you started?" he asked.

"2," you sniffled.

"Okay, and how many have you won?" he countered, "You are beautiful, strong, amazing, and most definitely not a failure. It's a bad day, not a bad life remember?" You nodded with a pout on your lips causing Tom to dip down and press a kiss to your mouth.

"How about we order some takeout and have a movie night hm?"

"Yes please," you nodded, kissing him again, "thank you."