should've known - soulmate au (tom holland fluff)

"Thomas!" you yelled into his apartment as you walked in, dropping your bags by the door.

"Bedroom!" he replied. You made your way in there quickly and plopped onto his bed.

"Sure, make yourself right at home," Tom laughed emerging from his bathroom.

"Don't worry I will. But don't worry we won't be here long, pack your bags Holland because we are staying at the Adelphi Hotel tonight," you flashed him a smile, turning your phone around to show him the confirmation email for your reservations.

"Oh no. Absolutely not. Do you remember the last time we went on one of your ghost adventures?"

"It's not my fault you let a cat scare you like a little girl," you rolled your eyes, "come onnnn the Adelphi is like famous for its ghost and I promise not to even take you on the ghost tour."

"We wouldn't go on it regardless, you hate those things," he huffed, sitting down next to you.

"Tommy, pleaseeee. We have to go," you said. You turned towards him giving him your best pair of puppy eyes you knew he wouldn't be able to say no to.

"Ugh, okay fine. But I swear to God Y/n if I die-"

"I know I know, you'll haunt me for the rest of my life. Now come on pack your bag, check in is at 3!" you cheered, pushing on his shoulder to get him off the bed.

-

"So we have to share a bed, but I've heard that this is the most haunted room in the hotel and when I called and heard that it was open I couldn't pass it up," you smiled. With a nod as you placed your bags by the door. Tom visibly swallowed, his eyes traveling around the room, studying the dark furniture. The room sent chills down Tom's spine, the wooden walls, and a round chestnut-colored table in the middle of the room. A lone dresser on the right wall, and a queen-sized bed on the left. Taking a few steps into the room, he peeked into the bathroom, glancing at the stained white tile that was far too comparable to The Shining for his liking.

He turned around meeting you face to face making him jump.

"Fucking hell, Y/n," he gasped, placing a hand over his heart making you snicker.

"Scared already Tommy?" you teased, making your way toward the bed.

"I couldn't have picked a best friend with normal hobbies," he mumbled, "like reading or drawing or even knitting but no here we are risking our lives-"

You let Tom's words fall on deaf ears, as you got lost in thought. Ever since you were little you were never into things that everyone else was into. It was normal for people when they turned 16 to ignore all of their other interests, deciding to focus on the soulmate tattoo that appeared on their birthday. However, you were never like the other children and you decided to completely dismiss the bee tattoo that popped up on your hip and focused on ghosts, demons, and basically everything and everything supernatural.

"Y/n are you even listening to me?" Tom asked, plopping down next to you.

"Huh? What? Oh yeah, yeah," you nodded. Tom laughed, with a shake of his head and pushing your shoulder.

"I said, so now what?"

"Now we wait," you smirked. Tom huffed, blowing out a big breath as he leaned back onto the headboard.

"Soooo," he said, making you laugh.

"Don't be weird Holland," you rolled your eyes.

"Well I'm bored, and I thought you said this was the most haunted room. All I can see right now are a bunch of creepy-looking walls. I bet those ghost stories were just rumors-" Tom started but was interrupted by the flicker of lights causing you to smirk as he whimpered.

"You're gonna make them mad," you informed Tom, leaning back, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I'm sorry," he choked out, his eyes traveling all over the room.

"Did you set up the camera?" you asked standing up with an eyebrow raised. He shook his head, earning a dramatic sigh from you. You set up all of yours and Tom's go-pros around the room, before heading into the bathroom to set one in there.

"Hey don't forget if you shower, to-" you said walking back out to see Tom leaning over his suitcase shirtless, his sweats hanging low on his hips. You had seen him shirtless many times before but your eyes had immediately landed on the small tattoo on his hip bone. It was exactly identical to yours, causing your breath to catch in your throat.

"To what?" he asked, a teasing smirk on his lips as he looked back up at you. However, he quickly realized something was wrong when he noticed your facial expression.

"What? What is it? You're scaring me-"

"Your tattoo," you whispered, your eyes flicking down to his hip before going back to his eyes.

"Oh uh yeah," he shrugged with a small smile, "not really my taste, but I guess it's what the universe wanted."

"Tommy," you spoke softly, reaching down to push one side of your pants down just enough to reveal yours.

"Oh. Oh," he said, his eyes bright and wide. The room grew eerily silent as you looked at each other until Tom's lips broke out into a wide smile.

"We should've known darling," Tom chuckled, "I mean we've been attached at the hip for over a decade." You couldn't help but laugh and nod at his realization.

"Does this mean I get to kiss you now?" Tom asked cheekily, a smirk riddled on his lips.

"Don't push your luck Thomas," you rolled your eyes, trying to fight the smile off your face as you plopped back down on the bed.

"Love I've wanted to kiss you forever this is just the perfect excuse." You chose to ignore both his comment and the heat you felt rush to your cheeks. He collapsed on top of you making you let out an 'oof'.

"Get off of me, you're heavy!" you whined, pushing at his bare shoulders.

"Kiss?" he asked, with the cutest tilt of his head. You laughed making his body shake with yours before leaning forward to connect your lips with his for a quick sweet kiss.

"Now come on, we have ghosts to catch," you smiled.

"Or we could just make out all night?" he suggested wiggling his eyebrows before swiping his tongue out to wet his lips. You shook your head with a giggle, leaning up again to meet his mouth. Before your lips could meet, the lights flickered again causing Tom to yelp. You dropped your head back with a loud laugh.

"I told you you were going to make them mad."